New Light 144,000 Congregations

by Bob_NC 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Has anyone heard quiet rumblings of new light on the meaning of the 144,000? To look for 144,000 congregations of Jehovah's people as there are now almost 112,000 congregations? Has anyone heard this?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Nope. Where did you hear it??

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I read it on another web site, posted by a brother that I do not personally know who is said to be of the "partaker" class. He was suggesting in clear enough terms that "brothers" are talking about looking for 144,000 congregations and then gave stats about there being nearly 112,000 congregations now.

• free spirit
    free spirit

omg, makes me want to throw up.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Where's Cedars when we need him most? Didn't I read data that suggests that congregation numbers are decreasing perhaps because of consolidation?

Len

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

free spirit what up?

• confusedteenager
    confusedteenager

This can't be true...

I just can't imagine them changing their stance on the 144,000. That's one of their core doctrines...that most of us are going to be living on a earthly paradise. I can't seem them flipping it without many people causing an uproar.

• smiddy
    smiddy

"Witnesses" can put a spin on any topic and the faithfull will blindly follow it to their grave.

smiddy

• Satanus
    Satanus

I could see a slightly luney gung ho who thought he was anointed making himself believe something like this as the number of congs got close to that number. The gb, on the other hand - wait a minute, they are also luney, gung ho and think they are anointed.

S

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well it would answer how the 144k sing to the 24 elders if they are supposed to be the same. The explanation they gave back then never sat right with me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit