A word of caution

by Socrateswannabe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    But if there are others with malicious intent who lurk here, couldn't they start a database of all these "fun" posts, and perhaps by a sort of trianglation of crossfire, nail someone's identity? Unlikely, I'm sure, but still a possibility?

Anything's possible but that would be far too much work and too orwellian, even for the average dub. And the higher up you go, the less concerned they are with individuals, in most organizations. So it's rather unlikely to be "outed" that way. More likely by befriending a poster under false pretenses.

It's always good policy to limit personal info on the web in general and be vague in direct contact until time and trials say otherwise. If of course, you've something to lose.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Hang out on this board for another week or so, you won't care either. Brainwashing can wear off pretty quick.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

it would be easy to id dazed hes the guy that keeps losing all his money betting on football,

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I've thought about this before. what if? Thats how I know when to stop taking hits off my bong.

• dazed but not confused
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

I posted a pic of a raccoon on my front porch on this board years ago and someone from my congregation recognized the brick work in the pic and well, the rest is history!!!

• Ding
    Ding

Each poster has control over what they do and don't disclose.

However, the mere fact that many are concerned about being outed shows that there is something seriously wrong with the WT organization.

• AnneB
    AnneB

What's your pet's name? Where did you go for your honeymoon? Who was your first grade teacher? What was your first car?

Aren't these the security questions asked for online banking, etc.? It's not just about ID'ing former JW's...

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Catch me if you can the movie is real

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

uh oh..... where is minimus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit