Are all Governing Body members anointed?

by Guest with Questions 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I am doing a project and really can't find confirmation on line that all 8(?) members are anointed. Would greatly appreciate it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, all members of the GB have to be partakers. But I'm pretty for sure that none of them are in any way "anointed".

• flipper
    flipper

No. But they're all mentally off. Does that count as well ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Anointed with delusionsn of grandeur

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

only as far as THEY know...

• Think About It
    Think About It

Only anointed by their own ambition to be on the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Reality79
    Reality79

The numbers fluctuate. This year, 5 will them will be anointed, the next year 7.....

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yes, they are all anointed. Go to jw.org and search the Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY for 'anointed governing body'.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Concerning being anointed, see my post 474 and 475 on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244314/1/What-scripture-was-it-that-let-an-average-joe-know-that-they-were-annointed

And here is further research on the topic of "anointed Christians":

Here,

and here (see my posts 384 and 385 for numerous sub-links on the subject)

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I always heard the gate for being anointed got shut in the 30s but as being anointed is a pre-requisite for being a GB member it had to be re-opened as the latest GB member wasn't even born when it got shut.

Wikipedia: Hedgehogs occasionally perform a ritual called anointing. When the animal encounters a new scent, it will lick and bite the source, then form a scented froth in its mouth and paste it on its spines with its tongue. The specific purpose of this ritual is unknown, but some experts believe anointingcamouflages the hedgehog with the new scent of the area and provides a possible poison or source of infection to predators poked by their spines.

Here is a picture of one of my hedgehogs anointing himself. Proof that anointing is possible and real......... in the animal kingdome at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit