This just new: Thirty-hour quota for auxiliary pioneering (letter)

by pixel 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

I just wanna post post this. I know Atlantis will do it later on...

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS

Re: Thirty-hour quota for auxiliary pioneering

Dear Brothers:

We are pleased to inform you that the arrangement for an optional 30-hour quota for auxiliary

pioneering during the month of the Memorial is being expanded. Beginning March 2013, this

arrangement will be available during March and April of every year. It will also be available during

the months that a regular visit of the circuit overseer is scheduled at a congregation. If the circuit

overseer’s visit (Tuesday through Sunday) includes days from two months, the auxiliary pioneer

may decide which month he would like to have the 30-hour quota. Additionally, beginning March

2013, any publisher who auxiliary pioneers during a month in which the circuit overseer visits the

congregation may attend the circuit overseer’s meeting with the pioneers in its entirety.

This letter will be posted on the information board for one month. Thereafter, the elders will

be pleased to refer to this letter to answer any questions you may have.

We send our warm Christian love.

Your brothers,

cc: Traveling overseers

PS to body of elders:

The above portion of this letter should be read to the congregation during the Service Meeting

the week of February 11, 2013, at the beginning of the part “Will You Auxiliary Pioneer?” Although

this postscript along with the rest of the letter will be posted on the information board, the postscript

should not be read to the congregation. The letter should be retained in the congregation permanent

file of policy letters. You may wish to update Index to Letters for Bodies of Elders (S-22) at this time

as well.

Besides the months of March and April, an adjusted hour quota may only be applied to the

circuit overseer’s regular visit to a congregation, not to a visit in conjunction with a circuit event or

other circumstance. Even if the last day of an auxiliary pioneer’s service falls on the first evening of

the circuit overseer’s visit, the auxiliary pioneer may choose a 30-hour quota for that month and

may attend the circuit overseer’s meeting with the pioneers in its entirety.

• Ding
    Ding

More proof that Armageddon is just around the corner!

• cedars
    cedars

Interesting! Actually, the "30 hour quota" idea did not work for 2012 and led to a reduced memorial attendance over the previous year. Even so, they're now rolling it out as a permanent provision.

They're obviously running out of ideas.

Cedars

• hoser
    hoser

when they drop it to 15 hours I'll sign up!

• Eustace
    Eustace

When they drop it to zero hours I'll sign up!

• hoser
    hoser

Another way to guilt the flock

• hoser
    hoser

Do you know what really pisses off the Elders and CO? When you don't sign up but report the hours. They can't stand that

• Mary
    Mary

When they pay me do it, I'll sign up! Actually, no I still wouldn't do it......

It's hilarious how they keep dropping the hour requirements, supposedly to help everyone remain a publisher or pioneer. In reality, I believe it's being done solely to try and help bridge the hemorrhaging stats that they're still rolling out.

• Think About It
    Think About It

When I was in this Doomsday cult would guilt people to do more, by using the example of Joshua circling Jericho many times more right before the walls fell down. Now, we are 20 years closer to Doomsday, and the Doomsday cult is cutting pioneer hour requirements, cut out the home Book Study meeting, closing Branch offices, and cut the Watchtower magazine content in half.

Sounds more like a religious publishing house cult on the decline and downsizing, rather than speeding up it's "life saving" work before the walls of this system of things fall down at Armaggedon.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"They're obviously running out of ideas."

Indeed. Since WT reduced the frequency of the magazines, shortened the public talk, reduced the hours for reg. pios, eliminated the book study as a separate meeting, reduced the size of the magazines, etc., they've taken the "less is more" expression to heart. When WT lowers the bar like this, it creates some initial excitement, but then they can't raise bar again. WT certain couldn't get the rank and file excited with the prospect of returning to things like 8 day conventions, or even 4 day conventions. They have a hard time getting the sheeples to show up for Friday of the 3 day crapvention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit