Does Death End It ALL?

by suavojr 21 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I get already that you don't believe. Just speaking as to what I know to be truth. One did come to 'say otherwise'.

Peace to you,

tammy

• smiddy
    smiddy

tec /tammy

I can appreciate you want to beleive in something that comforts you , however their is no evidence whatsoever ,scientific or otherwise ,apart from having { faith,} in what some less informed , 2000 year old , and religously indoctrinated people ,who may very well be manipulated by their religous leaders ,whether new or old influence them . You may very well quote" faith" "as the assured expectation of things hoped for " etc. .However we have all seen how "faith" blindsides us into following error to our disappointment.

One person was resurrected in the flesh 2000 years ago ? I`m referring to Lazarus of course

Another was resurrected in the spirit 2000 years ago ? I`m referring to Jesus of course

God , Jehovah ,Yahweh ,Allah , whoever , had no problem communicating with men and women ,prophets or prophetesses in the first 4000 years of human history , when by all accounts they never had the human experience of living as we have today yet God communicated with them first hand .

And GOD has been so quiet these past 2000 years his silence is deafening .

No wonder people dont beleive in him/her

smiddy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

smiddy There are Christians that say he is still talking to them and will talk to you if you ask nicely. In the end we have to accept that each person has to find their own truth. Sharing that truth without objective proof becomes difficult. That is why it can only be offered and not given.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

This is the outline of the 2013 special talk that will be given worldwide the week after the Memorial...same old song...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You must be right, NVR2L8. I was thinking it was the funeral talk, but I guess I'm wrong.

• Satanus
    Satanus

We never really know, until we go and see;)

S

• suavojr
    suavojr

First I forgot to mention this is the special talk for this 2013 after the Memorial.

The truth behind death is that we can only find out when we die... But when you think about not feeling anything at all after, then you will not be able to complain (I have always wondered if you are an evil person and die. That is it??? You caused pain and suffering and yet you as the evildoer simply rest in peace???I mean, not even pinch them a little before dying or at least letting feel the pain they have caused? Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Kaddafi, the Vatican, the Watchtower, Bin Laden, Etc…)

• tec
    tec

I can appreciate you want to beleive in something that comforts you ,

Smiddy, this is not the reason for my faith.

however their is no evidence whatsoever ,scientific or otherwise ,apart from having { faith,} in what some less informed , 2000 year old , and religously indoctrinated people ,who may very well be manipulated by their religous leaders ,whether new or old influence them . You may very well quote" faith" "as the assured expectation of things hoped for " etc. .However we have all seen how "faith" blindsides us into following error to our disappointment.

There is such evidence though... at the very least there is the 'otherwise' here. Christ is evidence... from his time in the flesh, and as He is now, in Spirit. One can hear, and experience, the Spirit of Christ. That is personal evidence.

My faith is born from such evidence.

One person was resurrected in the flesh 2000 years ago ? I`m referring to Lazarus of course

More than one have been resurrected in the flesh... but these do not recall something beyond their life, here. So I did not mention them.

Another was resurrected in the spirit 2000 years ago ? I`m referring to Jesus of course

He was resurrected in the flesh, and lives in the spirit.

God , Jehovah ,Yahweh ,Allah , whoever , had no problem communicating with men and women ,prophets or prophetesses in the first 4000 years of human history , when by all accounts they never had the human experience of living as we have today yet God communicated with them first hand .

He did. They had faith in Him - that He existed obviosly, that He speaks, and that he speaks TRUE. They had faith, and they exercised faith in what HE told them.

And GOD has been so quiet these past 2000 years his silence is deafening .

He has not been so quiet, actually. He still does communicate today... through the Spirit (of Christ/Truth). But as always, if one would hear, one must exercise faith... be willing to hear... and also put faith in what IS heard.

But people think this is impossible, because they have no faith in God or His Son, they do not listen to God or His Son, they think such a thing is crazy or a lie or the 'sub-conscious' mind speaking.

I understand this from someone who claims not to believe in God or Christ at all. But for those who do profess belief.... how can you believe in them, and then dismiss all accounts of all prophets (as well as Paul, Peter and the apostles) who HEARD, so as to be able to share what they heard?

There are Christians that say he is still talking to them and will talk to you if you ask nicely

Good morning, Glad.

What you said here is almost totally true. Change the bolded part to if you ask in faith, and you are right on ;)

Peace to you both,

tammy (apologies to the OP for the tangent... I'm gonna go address that 'talk' now)

• cofty
    cofty
    In the end we have to accept that each person has to find their own truth - Gladiator

There is no such thing as your truth or my truth. There is only truth and error.

Faith is the stuff religious people use to fill the gaps when there is insufficient evidence.

Jesus is a pile of dust somewhere in a forgotten grave in Palestine.

• tec
    tec

There is so much wrong with that article... just the way they have pieced things togetether to fit their doctrines.

I would like to address one thing that particularly stands out:

"so sure is jehovahs purpose to resurrect his servants that they may be spoken of as living"

If one has the Spirit of Christ in them (the Holy Spirit), then one IS living. Not 'spoken of' as living. Christ is the Life. He has been given all authority, including over death. So those who belong to Him are not subject to death either... they have crossed over from death... to life. These ones who have died in the flesh are now sleeping under the altar. (Like Stephan, who asked that Christ receive his spirit)

Death has no hold on them, because these ones belong to Christ.

The whole taking in knowledge thing that they have going is so wrong also. It is not 'taking in knowledge' that saves someone. It is KNOWING. I think the nwt is the only bible version that writes 'taking in knowledge' - which more represents "always learning, but never able to come to know the truth."

Otherwise, they would send people to Christ... the LIFE; instead of putting them under the law (obedience to them and to their rules), which does not give life.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit