Shouldn't Society Practise What They Preach??????

by newsheep 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Everybody else is told to " Wait on the Kingdom" to live in paradise

Thanks for the Bump Granny

• Splash
    Splash

Try "zamboni". I'm not certain myself

Splash

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

An ice resurfacer is a vehicle or hand-pushed device used to clean and smooth the surface of an ice sheet, usually in an ice rink. The two major manufacturers are Resurfice Corporation, which sells Olympia-brand machines, and Frank J. Zamboni & Company. [ 1 ] The first ice resurfacer was developed by Frank Zamboni in 1949 in the city of Paramount, California. Zamboni / z æ m ' b o? n i / is an internationally registered trademark, though the term is often used as a generic colloquialism for any ice resurfacer.

In 1939, Zamboni created the Iceland Skating Rink in Paramount, California. In order to resurface the skating rink, 3 or 4 workers would have to scrape, wash and squeegee the ice. A thin layer of water would then be added for the fresh ice. This process was extremely time consuming and Zamboni wanted to find a more efficient way to resurface the ice. [ 3 ]

Please, some-one tell me this is not what you are referring to. They had unlimited free labour but bought a machine anyway, WITH MY MONEY while I struggled to pay my mortgage and raise my kids alone.

• Reality79
    Reality79

SMH

I've been saying this for the longest......

Shouldn't the money used for many of these luxuries go to dubs in poorer countries so they can have better and more comfortable facilities?

They tell everyone else to keep their eyes simple, yet our money that went to the so called preaching work was paying for Brother John Doe to be living like Jay-Z.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Zambonis, luxury this and that, bills paid.

You are all a bunch of untheocratic JUDA$$e$.

Do you remember the woman who poured an alabaster bottle of genuine nard on Christs feet? (It was worth a fortune)

When Judas Iscariot complained about the waste of money that could have gone to help the poor - Jesus said "You will always have the poor with you. What this woman did will be remembered forever."

The beloved Faithful and discreet Slave will not be with us forever. How can you be so ungrateful for the never ending efforts of the faithful Gibbering Buddies to control our lives and save us from ourselves, from our ability to think logically, from deciding how to live our lives??

Jesus enjoyed his erotic foot fix, let them lust after the athletic bodies in the volleyball court. Soon they will all be dead

Forever.

HB

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When Judas Iscariot complained about the waste of money that could have gone to help the poor - Jesus said "You will always have the poor with you. What this woman did will be remembered forever."

I have always believed, even when still in, that this scripture was miss-applied deliberately by the society to stop us doing food hampers and other kind things for the elderly, disabled aand needy in our neighbourhoods.

I felt they interpreted it to mean don't help because they are never going to go away and you can't help them all so don't bother helping any. It never sat right with me.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Of course the WTS should practice what it preaches, but like all human organizations throughout history that have presumed to tell others how to live, those at the top live exactly as they like on the money their dupes supply.

Why does this surprise you?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Why does this surprise you?

Because we thought we were true christians and had the troof

• undercover
    undercover

Please, some-one tell me this is not what you are referring to.

Yep, zamboni is an ice-resurfacer. You see em at hockey games and ice skating matches.

here's some in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkJbvv3pHg

Which leads me to the question: The WTS has a hockey team? That's cool. What're they called? The New York Yahwehs? Or maybe the Brooklyn Bastards. I wonder who their goons are... Every righteous cause needs an enforcer.

• prologos
    prologos

WHL: brooklyn bean counters vs. patterson partakers* vs Wallkill Kingdom warriors

* see wt definition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit