Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-20-2013 WT Study (FORGIVENESS)

by blondie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Blondie!

Now when I look back on articles like these, the Old Testament looks like a total disaster! And WT's application is really idiotic.

It is so clear that Jehovah has no ability to "read hearts." Saul was a total loser as J's first, hand-picked king. David would have never had to run for his life if J hadn't chosen a dude that went nutso as soon as he put on a crown.

David seems to have married wonderful women... but then forgot about them. But from what's written about the love between him and Jonathan, I think he played for both teams. And when David committed the sins of the census, adultery, and murder, Jehovah knew how to teach him a lesson... he saw to it that others were killed as a consequence of David's errors.

Then J had Solomon become king and granted him super-fantastic wisdom. Solomon acted wisely by marrying every women he could, accumulate fabulous wealth, and worship idols instead of J. So, J did the reasonable thing and chopped the kingdom into two pieces after Solomon was dead.

The 10 tribes never had a king that truly worshipped J. Even Jehu, who WT idolizes as a champion of true worship, stopped worshipping J and idolized the golden calves as soon as he became king. The kingdom of Judah had very few kings that put any effort into following the Mosaic Law. And why should they? Josiah was promised prophetically that he would die in peace... but he died in war instead.

The OT strikes me as a mess. It was no wonder that the Jews would look elsewhere for direction. And this is the foundation that WT builds on that all kinds of crazy sh!t can be forgiven if you're "really, really sorry"? It's know wonder WT has issues with molestation, domestic violence, etc.

• blondie
  • princecharmant
    princecharmant

Not to condemn your "work" (having read your "comments" over the years), but what is the purpose of your critique? Is it to do with helping you manage your anger at the WT, some sort of exorcism? You probably have enormous time at your disposal to subject yourself repeatedly to reading, scrutinizing every word, and practically re-writing the articles to suit your understanding. You could go take a walk in the countryside if your weather so permits, or call a friend you've not spoken with for long to see how things are with him/her. In my view, that would be far more profitable a venture.

Anyway, to everyone their madness!

pc

• hoser
    hoser

@princecharmant

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In order to demonstrate God's forgiving nature, the WT chooses the most problematic passage of Scripture that exists. They say:

"Rather than have the adulterers condemned to death by human judges according to the Mosaic Law, Jehovah mercifully intervened, dealing with David and Bathsheba himself."

If anyone is ignorant of the account, they may read on unconcerned. All who do know the story understand that God deliberately took the life of their newborn child instead of the wrongdoers. I do not know why . I do not know what the scriptures leave out, but I can think of no possible justification for killing the baby.

Instead of having us reminded of God's goodness and wisdom, we go home thinking of the death of the babe. In fact, if a life was forfeited then it was not forgiveness at all, just a substitute penalty - and a far worse one........

Well done Watchtower for raising more questions than answers and for deliberately glossing over that vital part of the account

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Jehovah did not eliminate the painful consequences of David’s sins."

YES he did, in the account as given in the Bible.

NO mercy for murderers, says the Mosaic Law.

Oops, is the murderer a King who was on the right side of the redactors of the Bible?

Paint him as repentant, and emphasize God's mercy; kill of some of his relatives and call it good.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

princecharmant,

I can't speak for others, but I find it very helpful to browse through these lessons and have a look at everyones' comments. Since many of my family and friends are still believers, Blondie's comments have been very helpful in informing me of the Kool-Aid WT is serving them, as well as some excellent talking points as opportunities arise.

Where Blondie and I are from, this is no time to be going for a walk in the countryside. LOL.

• WatchtowerFree
    WatchtowerFree

I like to read Blondies dissection of Watchtower cult speak

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This is what Blondie does...She takes the time to connect the latest WT material to other sources that the WT has written in times past. It's really informative, and enlightening. I appreciate what she does. Her work is well researched.

But granted she is not the FDS, and she doesn't want to be.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Billy The Ex-Bethelite: ‘I can't speak for others, but I find it very helpful to browse through these lessons and have a look at everyones' comments. Since many of my family and friends are still believers, Blondie's comments have been very helpful in informing me of the Kool-Aid WT is serving them, as well as some excellent talking points as opportunities arise.

Where Blondie and I are from, this is no time to be going for a walk in the countryside. LOL.’

Watchtowerfree: ‘I like to read Blondies dissection of Watchtower cult speak’

Quarterback: ‘This is what Blondie does...She takes the time to connect the latest WT material to other sources that the WT has written in times past. It's really informative, and enlightening. I appreciate what she does. Her work is well researched.

But granted she is not the FDS, and she doesn't want to be.’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit