YRM (Yahweh's Restoration Movement) - Out-JWing the JWs?

by Apognophos 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just thought I would point out another religion that shares many of the JWs' teachings, including non-Trinitarianism and emphasis on God's name: http://www.yrm.org/YRM_statement_of%20belief.htm . Interestingly, they lean even further towards preserving the Jewish covenant than Witnesses do. I didn't know it was possible to lean this far while still believing in Jesus! I'll leave it to others to point out interesting beliefs from the list if they want to. My intention here is not to ridicule or dismiss, just to make a comparison to what we were taught.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

That looks pretty hard-core. Kind of like JW's melded with Taliban. Anytime I see 2Tim3:16 cited as 'proof' I cringe...

• sir82
    sir82

It's like the evil spawn of JW and Ultra-Orthodox Judaism. It has managed to take the worst aspects of both religions while incorporating none of the few meager positives.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Almost like Messianc Jews, but the Messiancs believe in the Trinity.

• Emery
    Emery

Unitarian messianic jews?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't know anything about YRM. Did a former JW form this group? There are other groups out there smitten with ancient Israelite religions.

Some people here seem to be YHWists. The Witnesses are YHWHists. Their Jesus is so not messianic. In my day, the NT was rarely quoted. The difference in mainstream churches is remarkable. Catholics and Anglicans place special emphaasis on the gospels, then Paul's letters. The Psalms are included as a form of prayer book. Finally, some OT lessons that shed lights on a NT sermon topic is read.

Special hymns are sung before the gospel reading. Many churches burn incense. Alleuias all over the place.

Jehovah is the actor in JWs. No, the GB is the actor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit