Just an update

by jamesmahon 6 Replies latest social family

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Well I have not posted or come here for a while. It is late but felt drawn here to leave a bit of an update.

I left my wife at the start of December. I half met someone online but it just made me realise very quickly how much I want to be in a loving relationship not a toxic one and what a mess everything was. So I said I was moving out and it took a month but I found a place.

The person I met online lives in Germany. We have met a couple of times and it is early but I love her. Quite happy saying that. Feel I have met my soulmate. How will it pan out? I don't know. But whatever happens I know for my own sanity and for the sake of my children moving out was the right thing to do.

Christmas was hard - nay shite - but we all got through. My soon to be ex wife is convinced I left for another woman (I have been completely honest about the lady in Germany from the outset) and I suppose in a way I have. But she checked out of the marriage years ago and that is why I left. The thought of sleeping in my daughters bedroom another night after nine months was just too much. I know I can look my children in the eye and say I tried. I tried as hard as I was able. Maybe a stronger man could have carried on "for the children" but I could not. And I know deep down that happy dad (and hopefully in the end happy mum) is better for them. I want them to see two adults that love each other not two adults that cannot stand to be in the same room.

So I sit now in my own house. Financially a lot poorer for the rest of my life but feeling hopeful and optimistic about the future for the first time in years. Although it is taking a while to adjusting to being on my own which is hard. And loving someone 500 miles away is also very hard. But you make a choice and you make it the right one. If you can.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wish you every success in your new life

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Thanks Cantleave. I used to look at your screen name and it meant something different to me then it probably did to others...but in the end I did leave. And I will not go back

• cofty
    cofty

James good to hear from you, I have been wondering how you were.

Life is not a rehearsal, you can't stay in a situation that is hurting you if it is not going to change. I'm happy for you.

If you are still in the area my offer of a pint still stands.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

All the best to you.

Loz x

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

I am still in the village where I was Cofty. I had not realised how depressed I had gotten and locked myself away from people. I am coming out the other side now though and it would be good to meet up.

• cofty
    cofty

When you are ready give me a shout James.

I will PM you my mobile number.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit