New Knives that I've made recently

by sooner7nc 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

They look brilliant Sooner.

• Terry
    Terry

When I was a kid I watched the first episode of the TV series Jim Bowie.

A meteor flashed across the sky and hits the ground on a farm. Out runs a boy to find the meteorite.

The boy becomes a man sweating over the intense flames of a metal forge in a barn.

With horse shoe tongs he pulls a cherry red knife blade out of the white heat of the forge and plunges it

into a bucket of water with billows of hissing steam.

Cut, to the finishing touches: adding a bone handle to the world famous first Bowie Knife. Scott Forbes (the actor playing Bowie) hauls back

and hurls the knife across the camera.....which zips end over end into a perfect strike in a giant oak tree over which is imposed JIM BOWIE.

I've loved a great knife ever since!

Good work. Do you keep the blade under a certain length to avoid breaking local ordinances? I think in Fort Worth (where I live) you can't carry a concealed knife longer than the palm of your hand.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Very nice work Sooner!

Marvin Shilmer

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Terry, Texas law for a knife blade is anything over 5.5 inches is considered an illegal knife. Funny it also mentions a category for "Bowie" knives with a specific blade length of 9 inches.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Never used meteorite iron. I want to start making Damascus steel but I'm really too lazy for something so labor intensive

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

LOL @ Cagefighter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit