American Idol 12th Season coming up. Has anyone seen all 11?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 2 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I didn't think I was an uber Dub, but I was "agast" (lol) when an elder told me, while he & his wife were out doing their night cleaning jobs, they tape American Idol, and watch and laugh their heads off when they get home. I had never watched. The word "idol", didn't he get it? We as JDubs, shouldn't watch, was my silent thought. Thankfully, we turned the TV on, starting, only 5 or 6 years ago, and have laughed and enjoyed, ever since.

Maybe 3 years ago, an elder stopped by to drop something off. He looked in and saw the TV on and said, "Oooohhhhhh. Your watching American Idol", and gave us a disgusting look. How funny. I didn't bother to ask him to take a seat and watch and laugh with us or even explain that there was absolutly nothing objectional about it.

Good for you if you have seen all 11 episodes. I wish I had. lol

Just Lois

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I started laughing at 5:05. lol

Just Lois

What great voices, some of them have.

Adam Lambert's singing was incrediable 3 years ago.

Hasn't been anyone like him before or since. IMHO

His singing, "If I Can't Have You" was pure magic.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

My youngest daughter and I used to watch it, but only the beginning episodes when they were weeding out people. Those were the funniest. But I can't be bothered anymore. I barely have time to watch shows I really really want to watch.

One of my daughters was a finalist on a Canadian variation of the show. It was quite insightful as to how they treat these young performers. They are just a commodity, and it's all done for the camera.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit