Impossibility for the Garden of Eden, the rivers do not match up.

by jam 26 Replies latest social current

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yep quite a country Tibet (well China if you like). Also strange that it is so dry and arid! If it wasn't for the politics I would be there in a flash. Mt Kailash is the traditional home of Shiva a very powerful sacred Hindu spot.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good spot

• erbie
    erbie

What about Father Christmas, are we to believe that he also is just a work of fiction?

I just don't know what to believe anymore!

• irondork
    irondork

BreathoftheIndianNose: For those who believe the flood of Noah's day was a real event, modern geography cannot be used as a judge of what the earth looked like before the flood.

Even if the flood DIDN'T happen, modern geograpghy cannot be used as a judge of what the earth looked like 7-10 thousand years ago. River routes and their names change.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Over time, due to the nature of rivers their courses and placement may vary. (they cut the surrounding areas, or due to upheavals may change direction) That being said though - believers in Eden will only believe that the earth is 6000 years old - not quite enough time to have that amount of change visible.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Santa is REAL erbie...don't let that bible stuff confuse you. Listen to your inner elf....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

According to some views, the flood changed everything so, there is no way to know for sure where Eden was.

• designs
    designs

Burbank Ca.

• mP
    mP

Not to state the obvious but all great rivers start somehwere high like mountains. Gravity requires it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Gravity requires it.'

As well, that's where the snow, the water source is most of the time throughout the yr. There are very few mountains that spawn as many as 4 rivers. The article about mt kailash said that the 4 river source in one place is put into manadalas as a sort of sacred pattern, ie the x or cross. Wouldn't surprise me if the genesis writer was attempting to suggest that, or was copying the 4 river source sacred idea from another source. Maybe, he didn't even know that it was considered as a sacred pattern.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit