Singing Listen, Obey & Be Blessed

by gingerbread 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Exploitation at its highest peak. I would be crying as well but it would probably be for many different reasons than the rank and file. Those children will feel accomplished, special and appreciated. If they are being molested it will numb their feelings of shame and guilt(even though it is baseless and unwarranted) much the same as the pioneer sister's service that masks the guilt she feels for sleeping with her best friend's husband who happens to be the COBE. The congregation will be uplifted watching a young upcoming generation bringing "praise to Jehovah" They will convince themselves that these are all happy children priviledged to be in jehovah's fold. I've watched similar videos of JW children singing on YouTube. It is moving and painful at the same time. Reality is, 80% of those children will grow up and leave the organization. Some of them will stay in for decades only to be disillusioned when they are hit in the face with the truth about the truth. So sad. All those tears of joy are only destined to be tears of sorrow. All that is needed is time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And the ones that follow that command will be damned. Damned to a life of stagnation, wasting time and energy pushing littera-trash instead of building experiences or learning anything about the material or spiritual world. Perhaps it would be a good idea to listen to Satan, obey Satan, and be blessed by Satan. Skip those damn boasting sessions. Children have better lessons to learn than this rubbish.

Besides, what they missed out on this past November and December is more priceless than getting up on the stage to sing this rubbish. When I was that age, I would rather put ornaments on the sun-worship tree. As I got older, I would put more stuff on the tree until, when I got as old as many children are when they are baptized (around 12), I would do the whole thing. I would cut the tree down, put it in the stand, and install the decorations all by myself. And I would take it down when it was time. Eventually, I was the one that handed out the presents--tree duty was mine (except I never got to set up an artificial tree and leave it up all summer).

Another thing the witlesses are going to miss out on is doing things for school. I can remember different students getting different privileges in school. Unlike the witlesses, a privilege in school actually meant something. In high school, I ended up with privileges that resulted from being a teacher's aide--including being able to go in the halls during classes without a pass (the teachers all recognized that I had privileges that involved that, and that included making sure the hall lights and unused classroom lights were turned off when not in use). I also had privileges of helping teachers correcting tests, general cleaning work, and even once helping organize the chemistry lab supplies (and no, I didn't blow up the lab or make a bigger mess). Now that was more worthwhile than getting up on stage and helping drum in the rubbish that children should give their souls to joke-hova.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think that that the "Truth in advertising" law should require the song to be renamed "Listen, Obey and be STRESSED" instead of blessed.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit