Comparing artwork WTBtS vs apod.nasa.govgov/

by prologos 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

In the dark age of europe, the introduction of perspective changed the visual art for the better.

before starting any discussion, can somebody bring todays Jan 13, astrononmy picture of the day up and comment on it?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Amazing image. I think astronomy photograpy produces the most beautiful images imaginable.

• Amelia Ashton
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Are we talking this?

NASA Image of the Day

• Pterist
    Pterist

Largest Spiral Galaxy Is Five Times Bigger Than Milky Way, NGC 6872 Study Suggests ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/largest-spiral-galaxy-ngc-6872_n_2455333.html

• prologos
    prologos

not to discredit the efforts of the artists that are dicussed, dissected on related topics, but how do these stunning images make you feel? awe? admiration? energy bursting out from these new stars? one (not overlapping) generation of lightyears spanning that image? what are we heckling about here on earth?

what on earth are we searching for?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

We are all made of star dust. Leftovers of stars going supernova. Guess what. When our sun goes supernova we will all probably make up the stardust once again that makes life on some distant planet.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I get to live forever

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** but how do these stunning images make you feel? *****

Awe, the enormity of POWER and ENERGY makes me feel my existence is insignificant and miniscule ! Totally humbling !

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I feel like I am in a relatively calm spot in the midst of a several billion year old nuclear explosion, and I kind of like it anyway.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Orion_Nebula_-_Hubble_2006_mosaic_18000.jpg/768px-Orion_Nebula_-_Hubble_2006_mosaic_18000.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit