Congo Merger Elder Meeting Flashback: SUPER True-Believer Cong. Secretary

by Open mind 12 Replies latest jw friends

• man oh man
    man oh man

Thanks for the inside look i enjoyed it.

The elders at our congo put forth a change in meetings from thursday to wednesday a couple years ago. They took a vote on it which was nice and they asked everyone to write their vote on a piece of paper which I thought was great so that no pressure would be on all to vote one way or the other like usual. I wrote on the paper that if they switched then I would no longer be attending the mid week meeting since I work that night and have been for decades. Well they didn't change the meeting. Which I don't know why but it may have had something to do with the fact that I ran the mikes and the sound box and adjusted the stage all at the same time at most meetings as well as took care of the literature. lol.

• Ding
    Ding
    "They belong to Jesus and we should seek His direction in making our decision."

Since when do JW elders seek guidance from Jesus rather than from Jehovah or from "the slave"?

Sounds like some Christendom thinking there...

• finally awake
    finally awake

Our congregation moved the sunday meeting time from 9:30am to 10am, which made my life a little easier. It was hard getting three kids up and ready for meeting, and we didn't have to do that any other day since we homeschooled. The evening meetings started at 7:30pm because there were a few people who had long commutes. There were many nights I didn't get home until 6:15 or 6:30, and still had a 20 minute drive to the hall. We wouldn't get home until 10pm. I was always so tired. But now, when I take the kids to scouts, the meeting starts at 6:30 and I'm home by 9. On nights when I don't get home on time, Just Ron takes them or one of the other leaders will pick them up and nobody gives us crap about not being there ourselves. So much better, and more fun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit