Self Described "gun nut" and popular youtuber shot dead

by trillaz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• trillaz
    trillaz

The gun nut label is wacky. Gun enthusiast seems more PC. But in his own words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8z_5YJ0gbw

Authorities in Georgia are searching for suspects in the shooting death of a gun enthusiast and weapons expert who managed a popular YouTube channel showcasing high-powered guns and explosives.
    Keith Ratliff, 32, who helped operate FPSRussia firearms channel on YouTube, was found dead inside his Carnesville, Ga., office on Jan. 3 from a single gunshot wound to the head.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/09/georgia-authorities-hunt-suspect-in-shooting-death-youtube-gun-enthusiast/

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sad.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Moron

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Died how he lived. Live by the.......... die by the..........

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

He was manufacturing silencers which says volumes about the potential circles of people he was breaking bread with.

• Lore
    Lore

You may not like what he does, but he wasn't doing anything illegal that we know of and he certainly didn't deserve to be murdered for it.

His right to own those guns is protected by the same document that guarantees that you have the freedom of speech to call innocent victims 'morons' without being thrown in jail for being an asshole.

____

When the second amendment was penned, there was no such thing as a semi-automatic rifle.

There were single shot muskets which took like 2 minutes to reload. That's what they gave us the right to bear.

That's worthy of note.

But on the other hand:, of course, the point was to make sure that the citizens could not be oppressed by their government. So if we are only allowed to carry single shot muskets. And the government is using automatic assault rifles and tanks, then the government has nothing to fear from it's people. Which is bad.

In addition. America is not an island-nation like Japan. So banning guns would not work as well here as it does there. Not counting the millions of guns already in the country, more can easily be smuggled in on land from neighboring countries. So the bad guys will still get guns no matter what.

If guns were harder to get, then 20 year old lunatics wouldn't be able to shoot up schools. Proffessionals still could, but at least a lot of the random nutjobs would be weeded out.

I don't have a good solution. But I think it's good to understand both sides fairly.

And I don't know why he was killed. But the fact that a gun rights advocate was shot in the head is no more to the point than if a marijuana legalization advocate was hung by a hemp rope.

You may think that if gun control was better than he wouldn't have been shot. That may be true. Or he may have simply been shot illegally. We don't know the motive, but if the person wanted him dead he'd probably be dead regardless.

True, his guns didn't protect him. But neither did the local police. And since sometimes the police fail, it may at least be nice to know that he had the option of defending himself.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

So tell me, if a guy with a basement full of gold liked to make YouTube videos showing it off, would you think he was a moron when he ended up dead? Cuz I would.

Then again, this could just be a jealous lover or sum such intrigue.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Another sad case of SPS - Small Penis Syndrome.

• Lore
    Lore
    So tell me, if a guy with a basement full of gold liked to make YouTube videos showing it off, would you think he was a moron when he ended up dead? Cuz I would.

By that logic, every celebrity on the planet is a 'moron'.

And that's just. . . well. . .

you may have a point there.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Why do Broads always have to bring dicks into the conversation? I'm going to start every comment from now on that involves women with "She must have been on the rag."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit