Need Help With Questions From JW Discussion Group

by theopug 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theopug
    theopug

Hey There All,

I was DA from a Cong in Northern New England back in the early 1990s for voting. I did not write the letter, the elders did it for me. Anyway thats a subject for another time.

For many years I did not pay any attention to what the Watchtower or JWs were doing. But for some reason, in the last few months I am reading anything I can find. All I can say is Wow ! I am amazed that anyone still belongs to this religon based on the info all over the net.

So, in my own way, I would like to help active JWs see the light. One social network I belong to has a JW discussion group only for "those who love Jehovah". I asked the moderator if I could join. He sent back some questions (I suppose to weed out apostates):

Beginning September 1 2012 what changes go into effect regarding our meetings?

Open your new songbook, how many song are in it?

Open your OD book to page 171. What word will be the first word on the page.

Finally, open your OD book to page 83. Your final word will be the first word on this page.

Can anyone out there help me with these questions ?

Thanks in advance.

~theopug

• sir82
    sir82

I don't have my OD book with me but I can answer the first 2:

1) Beginning September 1, 2012, the Congregation Bible Study expanded from 25 to 30 minutes and the Service meeting shrank from 35 to 30 minutes. Also, there is no longer a separate service meeting part for "announcements".

2) There are 135 songs in the book

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

1) Beginning the week of September 3, the Congregation Bible Study will be lengthened from 25 to 30 minutes. In his introducto- ry comments, the conductor should take one minute to review the previous lesson. The tim- ing of the Service Meeting will also be ad- justed from 35 to 30 minutes. There will no longer be a separate part for announcements. Instead, any announcements should be given at the beginning of the first scheduled part. In most instances, few, if any, announcements will be necessary, and there is no need to outline what will be presented on the meet- ing. Announcements regarding field service and cleaning schedules, as well as greetings, should not be made. ( km 10/08 p. 1, par. 4) If a lengthy announcement will be present- ed, it will be helpful if those participating in the meeting know in advance so that they can shorten their part.

2) See PDF

3 & 4) See http://www.religiousmanifesto.com

• undercover
    undercover

I would like to help active JWs see the light. One social network I belong to has a JW discussion group only for "those who love Jehovah". I asked the moderator if I could join. He sent back some questions (I suppose to weed out apostates):

Good luck, but you're wasting your time. At the first sign of dissention, the moderator will DF you from the group quicker'n you can say Judge Rutherford was a drunk.

And even if you don't get the boot, true believers will not be swayed by logic and reason. Belief does not pair well those those concepts. Until a JW questions on their own, and seeks answers on their own, there's not much you can do to help them "see the light". But, to each his own. Again, good luck.

On a side note, why would anyone really want to be part of a discussion group where you have to jump through stupid hoops as this group makes people do?

• zeb
    zeb

So the wts has finally realised there is an excess of waffle in meetings and wishes to shorten them. my o my. Is the FDS member who passes that through now going to be shunned as a murmerer.?

• zeb
    zeb

and another thought.... discussion group? yeah bight me! what would they 'discuss'? jw have nothing to discuss after "hello how are you?"

they have no sport participation.

No hobbies.

No art culture..music

no fitness interest.

etc. and if the 'discussion group' is about the religion then they are not discussing but parroting because anyone who discovers anything from any source other than wt would have their discovery doubted.

Doubt me? try reading in any KH from another version of the Bible and watch the reaction...... now let them discuss that.!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome theopug!

• theopug
    theopug

Hey, many thanks to sir82 and Anony Mous ! This is exactly what I needed. Ok, so the OM book has been replaced with the OD book. "To the writing of books there is no end" especially for the WTBTS !

I will let this forum know if I pass that test and am included in the group. As to what undercover said, "you are wasting your time", I agree partially. I suspect that with a bit of NLP and suggestions embedded within conversation I may make some headway. After all, to come into "the truth" one has to be very suggestable, perhaps even gullible (present company excluded, haha). Why not use the same science to bring folks out of "the truth".

In any case, I'm sure to have a good time trying !

Again, thanks to all who helped.

theopug

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hello theopug- I think you just attempted an insult.

After all, to come into "the truth" one has to be very suggestable, perhaps even gullible (present company excluded, haha). Why not use the same science to bring folks out of "the truth".

Welcome anyway. Here's the rest-

OD book pg 171- first word- Closeness

pg 83- first word- prayer

• alanv
    alanv

I just love this site. Someone asks a queation and immediately thEy are helped with the right answers. There is so much knowledge and expierence here, mainly because many are ex witnesses and others are in the process of fading, but still know exactly what goes on in the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit