apostate man

Here are some interesting pages I scanned out of the
    1908 book "The Divine Plan of Ages". I tried to keep
    the file sizes as low as possible so it may take a
    little while for all the images to load if you have
    a slow connection. I am posting these because I
    thought they were interesting. Notice all the
    pyramids and crosses? The others are from the
    back of the book, trying to sell more books.
    Notice any differences between now and then? new light, right.

Edited 'cause Apostate Man kant spel. It is Divine not Devine.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Thanks. Great stuff for the old archives. We gotta keep the evidence alive.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Third pic down, left hand side, last two paragraphs for the book "The Kingdom Come". Interesting stuff.

• new boy
    new boy

It proves "weed" was avilable even back then!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I used to know those dispensations backwards.
    forgotten now.
    Wonder if you could jiggle the dispensation periods into a dispensation of the "Father'. Reflected in the Old testament.(2000 years)
    A dispensation of the "Son", reflected in the New Testament (2000 years)
    And a dispensation of the "holy spirit", just commencing, newly revealed scriptures yet to be compiled.
    just a thought.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Thanks apostate man. I hope you won't take offence if I include these at my Quotes website... these are gold.

Two questions:
    (1) Do you have a scan of the cover and/or masthead with publishing date? If yes, please email to me ( [email protected])

(2) Is the name of the book "Devine Plan" or "Divine Plan" ? Not trying to flame if this was just a typo, just want to get it exact before posting to my site, otherwise it will be ignored by active JWs as "apostate lies".

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yes Quotes, these are INDEED gold.

I believe it is Divine Plan of the Ages, and I cannot specifically recall which book, but this book were recently discussed in another WT book when giving a biography on Russell.

Guess they were not counting on anyone having access to this old literature.

Printed by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, and specifically referencing pyramidology in the paragraphs ApostateMan made mention of.

Perfect evidence to make the modern Witness be stupified at the old prophecies and images of their "inspired" Watchtower and "anointed" 1st President.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Reprints of this book are still available from the Associated Bible Students and still include the Chart of the Ages. I received mine free of charge at www.biblestudents.net

That I can tell, it is word for word the same. In fact, the complete Studies in the Scriptures series is available through them.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

The April 15,2002 Watchtower article titled "Two Pastors Who Appreciated Russell's Writings" talks about how esteemed The Divine Plan of the Ages was by these particular two pastors. I'll quote part of the article which disgusted me when I read it. I don't understand the purpose of this article, why would the Society write this article when they know the majority of what Russell taught is 'old light'

Here's the quote:

"In 1891, Charles Taze Russell, who did outstanding work among true Christian worshipers of Jehovah, visited Europe for the first time. According to some reports, during a stopover in Pinerolo, Italy, Russell met Professor Daniele Rivoire, a former pastor of a religious group called the Waldenses...In 1903, Rivoire translated Russell's book The Divine Plan of the Ages into Italian and had it printed at his own expense...In the book's forward, Rivoire wrote: "We place this first Italian edition under the Lord's protection. May he bless it so that, in spite of its imperfections, it may contribute to magnify his most holy name and encourage his Italian-speaking children to greater devotion. May the hearts of all those who, by reading this book, appreciate the depth of riches, wisdom, and knowledge of God's plan and love, be grateful to God himself, by whose grace publication of this work has been made possible."

"...Another Waldensian pastor who esteemed Russell's publications was Giuseppe Banchetti...The authorized Italian edition of Russell's Divine Plan of the Ages was published in 1905. Bachetti wrote an enthusiastic review of the book..."For us", wrote Banchetti, Russell's book "is the most illuminated and sure guide that any Christian may find to undertake a profitable and blessed study of Holy Scripture...As soon as I read it, it seemed as though scales fell from my eyes, that the way to God was straighter and easier. Even apparent contradictions for the most part disappeared. Doctrines once difficult appeared simple and perfectly acceptable. Things hitherto incomprehensible became clear. The admirable plan of the world's salvation in Christ appeared before me with such awesome simplicity as to induce me to exclaim with the Apostle: O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!"

If what these two pastors said was true, Watchtower Society, why do you no longer publish Russell's book?

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Other quotes from the same WT article:

"On one occasion, Banchetti was discussing Russell's writings with a man named J. Campbell Wall. In answer to Wall's criticisms, Banchetti said :"I am certain that if you read Russell's six volumes, you would experience a vigorous and deep joy, and you would thank me with emotion. I do not parade doctrine; but I read those books eleven years ago, and I thank God every day for putting before me such light and such consolation by means of a work that is entirely and solidly founded on the Holy Scriptures.""

ENTIRELY AND SOLIDLY FOUNDED ON THE HOLY SCRIPTURES??? ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT WT?YOU MUST AGREE WITH WHAT THIS PASTOR SAID SINCE YOU QUOTED HIM IN YOUR MAGAZINE!!!

Then the article ends with this last paragraph:

"Every year, thousands listen to the Kingdom message as brought to their homes by Jehovah's Witnesses. Open-minded people everywhere who thirst for Bible truths are responding to Jesus' invitation: "Come be my follower."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit