mP -> TEC: Was Jesus really prophetic ???

by mP 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

Heres a challenge pick the main ones everybody believes and show the scripture and how it "applies" to jesus.

I will pick a favourite, Jesus will be born in Bethlehem and thats because the OT says so. The text is below for those that wish to read. The only problem Bethlehem Ephratah is the name of a clan within the Bethelehem tribe not a place. And if we read the lines after we see that Jesus also never defeated the Assyrians.

If i am wrong or lying show me the correct text predicting Jesus birth in Bethlehem ?

MICAH 5:2

5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
    5:3 Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.
    5:4 And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.
    5:5 And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.
    5:6 And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword , and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

He also never led Israel.

• bohm
    bohm

5..4..3..2..1.. All of those things are spiritual, sillybun!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

They came true invisibly?

• bohm
    bohm

Its called humpty-dumpty exegesis, words mean whatever you claim they mean.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Ah, got it.

• bohm
    bohm

Assyria.. Lemme see.. Might be lack of faith, might be gonnorea- sword might be truth, belief, holy spirit or penciline!

Nailed it!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Or... Assyria...ass hear ya.... hearing someone's ass.... he farts in their general direction.

• bohm
    bohm

As long as you keep in mind fart cannot only mean fart, and direction cannot only mean direction. Humpty dumpty exegesis must be recursive...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Infinitely recursive, a set number or is there a conditional break?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit