What if a Jehovah's Witness lives next door to an apostate? Is he/she told to hate him/her by direct order from the Watchtower

by I_love_Jeff 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Surely there must be many Jehovah's Witnesses out there that live next door or near an "apostate"????? Do they love them and follow the words of Jesus Christ OR hate them as the Watchtower suggests?

How would a Jehovah's Witness respond to this?

Mark 12:31-"The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Meaning of neighbor in Greek-#4139 πλησ?ον plesion {play-see'-on} neuter of a derivative of pelas (near); TDNT - 6:311,872; adv

1) a neighbour 1a) a friend 1b) any other person, and where two are concerned, the other (thy fellow man, thy neighbour), according to the Jews, any member of the Hebrew race and commonwealth 1c) according to Christ, any other man irrespective of race or religion with whom we live or whom we chance to meet
    http://lexiconcordance.com/greek/4139.html
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi I_love_Jeff, JWs do not have to hate you to obey the WTBTS. All JWs have to do is shun or avoid you. I know that I am not an apostate or an exJW. Two elders told my former friend who was a JW to stop seeing/talking to me. Over time my former friend did what the elders wanted because she was able to see me as a threat to her beliefs in the WTBTS.

As the United Negro College Fund use to advertize, "The Mind is a terrible thing to waste." May all cults disappear sooner rather than later.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• l p
    l p

Well Im an apostate by the societies definition and by dictionary definition. However the society doesnt know im an apostate. They probably suspect. They have a hunch i associate with D'ed people. One being an apostate.

directly across the road from me live a JW family. The wife tries to preach to me every so often. I refuse the rags though. I try to stay away from them because i dont want to end up in conversations about religion. But when we pass each other in the street we wave or smile across the road.

But this is probably because I have not been formerly DF or DA

lp

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

not what you were looking for, my parents are apostates in my eyes and so is my sister. I hate them very much and hate seeing them now.

• l p
    l p

I feel like some cake!

Anyone else for cake?

• l p
    l p

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

They would "lovingly" shun them.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, you should shun the apostate.

However, it would be considered a personal/conscience matter if you still allowed your dog to poop on their lawn.

Rub a Dub

• cobaltcupcake
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It made a laughingstock of the dubbies in my town as a kid.

Two witless families lived NEXT DOOR to each other.

They were constantly at loggerheads, wife screaming at wife, kids feuding, husbands trying to out do or at least undermine the other.

Only reason they werent dragged in front of a JC was the both husbands were elders in the same congo. They didnt need anybody to tell them who to hate.

I could even give the names and location. But for wise reasons specifics have been omitted.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit