If you were an "Outie" were you even invited to a Family JW Funeral?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 6 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

CyberJesus's Grandpa died. He is going to the Funeral. That is what prompted this thread.

Three years ago, my parents died, a few weeks apart.

My brother, only son, oldest of us 3 kids, is DA or DFed, long time ago.

No one even let him know, his Mom and Dad had died.

His son, or our 1st Cousin, I don't remember which, called several months later, to let him know.

Do you know of any other xdubs, this cruelty, has been afflicted upon?

Just Lois

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I think it was Ohio Cowboy who ran across his dad's obituary several years after the fact while doing online research of his surname.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you Jamie for your comment.

There have been so many cruelties imposd on my brother.

I lived 100's of miles away, and was fighting for my own survival. So I didn't go but at least I was given the option.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was "allowed" to go to my JW moms KH memorial I am not officially DF, but I left my ex husband and lived in sin before I married my current husband, So my JW family treats me as DF. I was even allowed to go to a meal after, at a JWs home. No one would talk to me other than non JW family though. I should have just skipped it, it was just a JW recruiting session, nothing about my mom other than she was in the cult.

• blondie
    blondie

I would check the obits in your relatives area if you want to find out (on a weekly basis). Or do you know a non-jw that would let you know.

I'm not da'd or df'd but family always tell me....probably because I have not gone to a jw family/nonfamily funeral for 12 years.

I remember a past poster who checked SSI Death index and found that several close family members had died in the last 5 years and they were never notified.

If it is a non-jw relative, ask them to make arrangements to let you know.

• moshe
    moshe
    Or do you know a non-jw that would let you know.

It pays be on good terms with the neighbors and give them your phone number to call you if anything serious happens--

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Not as drastic as what happened with your brother Lois, but when my brother got sick with cancer last year no one told me for a long while. Then no one told me it was terminal until the last few weeks. I found out he had died from his daughter's facebook page. I couldn't travel to the funeral, so I tried to arrange a video link. The family finally agreed to do one, but only after they arranged to have it at an elders house. My mom freaked out, afraid that I was going to do something to "bring reproach" at the funeral otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit