Flip-flopping all over the place

by confusedteenager 13 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

One thing is for sure, if there is a god, he certainly would not approve of those who go door to door preaching false prophecy and over the top scriptural interpretations.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you haven't seen it yet, watch ' The invention of lying' , it is a comedy, but there is a lot of truth in it. It makes the point that people need something to bebelieve in sometimes, even if is made up. All beliefs systems are some man's idea of what God is. It doesn't mean having a belief system is bad, but you have to keep it in perspective.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hi Confused!

I have been where you are now! I remember even trying to explain to my parents that I was in fact, VERY confused.

Thats the only way I could explain the big knot of ideas in my head.

The big questions in life are the most important- kudos to you for recognizing that.

My first advice is to give it time. If you keep examining things, they do fall apart- or open up. It may take time, but eventually you may find something you can believe in that doesnt feel like a deluded security blanket. Dnt rush it though, and dont worry if letting go of your beliefs feels like you are suddenly an astronaut in outer space.

Not knowing you at all, my advice for someone your age is to think about going to college.

Also- give yourself permision to think freely. It is only you in there, and even if you still believe in an omniscient God- he would know your doubts anyway- so go ahead and let it happen. If you can do this, you will feel a lot better in any situation, and be better prepared for life in general.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Living in uncertainty defines the teenage years. Don't be in too much a hurry to put a shingle up. Confident people are often those who have simply stopped looking. Might I suggest,

"What is Man?" by Mark Twain

The Charter for Compassion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit