Need help in identifying a Bible translation

by Caminante 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Caminante
    Caminante

I'm working on transcribing the full 3 hour recording of Ray Franz's visit in Romania of over five years ago and I realize he quotes from a pretty unfamiliar Bible translation. Well, it's unfamiliar to me--it might not be for you though--and I don't seem to find it anywhere online. As a clue, I have the verses from 1 Peter 4:8-10. They read as follows: "Above all, let your love for one another be constant, for love covers a multitude of sins. ... As generous stewards of God’s manifold grace, put your gifts at the service of one another, each in the measure he has received." Upon searching in Google for these quotes I come across several Catholic resources, but none of them specifies the Bible translation used. Could you give me a hand here? Thanks a lot!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It's probably one of these. Have a look: http://bible.cc/1_peter/4-10.htm

• Aware!
    Aware!

Try The Inclusive Bible: The First Egalitarian Translation By Priests for Equality

• Aware!
    Aware!

I found it here .

• blondie
    blondie

It might be the Inclusive New Testament too.

• Caminante
    Caminante

Been there, transhuman68. It's none of those.

• Caminante
    Caminante

"The Inclusive Bible" seems to be too new. Ray's conference was on October 13, 2007. His Bible appeared relatively used.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The same wording of 1Peter 4:8-10 is quoted in this pdf, the very last scripture cited.

http://www.cdom.org/stewardship/documents/Ministry%20Brochure.pdf

I don't see any note of the translation used, but the home page appearss to be a Catholic site.

www.cdom.org

Hope you get it figured it out.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Try typing the scripture into a search engine, I have found many are online and will come up with the translation name

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Oops! I see Aware! already found it for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit