Valjean and Javert: The Two Christianities of Les Miserables

by Pterist 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pterist
  • Pterist
    Pterist

I can't seem to master this HTML editor !???

Maybe it's my iPad or I need to get my old notes out again lol

help needed to make hyper links ?

• Heaven
    Heaven

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/morgan-guyton/two-christianities-of-les-miserables_b_2382291.html?utm_hp_ref=religion

So Pterist, here's how to make a link clickable...

Paste the link into the Post a reply window here on JWN.

Then, select the entire pasted link and the 'chain link' icon in the second line in the options section above will become usable (it is the second icon to the left of the tree icon above). Click on the 'chain link' icon and a window will pop-up for you to paste the URL into. Click 'Insert' button on the window and voila! You should have a clickable link.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks Heaven, The only one that came to my aid, I feel like an apostate been shunned by all, oh sorry, I guess I am, LOL Thanks Again

I have a problem making embedded you tube videos also ?

Shalom friend ! :)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

So what did you think about the choices presented by the article?

• Pterist
    Pterist

I think the contrast between legalism versus grace was transparent.

Shalom

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Such a beautiful story...I always think of the elders and other Jehovah's Witnesses I know when I see Javert. Like Javert, they have no love.

Javert, the guy who never broke a law or rule through the whole story was actually a bad guy...with no love in him at all, though he was always trying to do the "right" thing...

...and Jean Valjean, the guy who broke many, many, laws, told some lies etc, was a saint.

Beautiful story that speaks the truth. To love another person is to see the face of God...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    Is it more unjust to steal bread to feed a starving child or to starve children with an economic system that makes bread unaffordable to their mothers

A situation Britain is heading for right now under a Christian Prime Minister!

Mercy and kindness had no place in the JW world I was in but I was not aware of legalism until after I had left. Grace was viewed as a get out clause for doing wrong.

Jean Valjean was clearly the hero and Javert the bad guy with no compassion. Comparing it to christianity then yes, Born Again's v Jws there is a clear winner and I was in the wrong team!

• Pterist
    Pterist

AmeliaAshton **** Grace was viewed as a get out clause for doing wrong.****

Thank you for your honest comment, I also felt no Love or compassion as a JW, I was being drained of my identity and extremely depressed. As I accepted the promises of grace and righteousness by faith in what Jesus Christ had done for all mankind and me personally, it transformed my life. I have also learned it is NOT "CHEAP GRACE" , it's given to overcome our Adamic nature, NOT a license to sin. Valjean is a perfect example in this movie that shows how God's grace in Christ works out his righteousness in a sinfull nature to redemption.

Shalom friend

• Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks Lisa ! Well said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit