AHHHH...the love from Bethel!

by LDH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

[/quote]This discussion just became pointless[/quote]

No, what just happened was that you proved my point, albeit unwittingly.

The young men and women there who stay and tolerate the conditions because *they are happy to be doing the work of the Lord.* YES, ultimately they are responsible for staying there if they are unhappy, but again, when they are told they are doing Jehovah's work over and over and over, how many people want to PUNK OUT on Jehovah?

Those young men and women can not and must not depend on "Jehovah's Organization" to look out for their best interests because the Borg is tantamount to a slave driver. Always trying to get the maximum return for the minimum investment.

The times I visited my friends in Bethel, I was truly shocked at how small the living quarters were. One couple, who has been there almost 20 years, has a room at the Bossert. THEY don't even have a real bed, people.

Now AMC I am glad you had a nice room, and that you enjoyed your stay there. Joel commented positively about his experience at Bethel, but also acknowledged that there were some improvements that needed to be made.

In my experience, which started this thread, you will note those three brothers never said one bad word about the Borganization.. The observations were mine, and mine alone. But I can tell you, if I was one of those three brothers I would have written my letter of resignation immediately.

Bethel fills a certain need in a certain type of individual, someone I would call an ascetic. But to each his own. The purpose of my post was to enlighten those who are not and have never been bethelites as to the way the "Brothers" are treated in an emergency situation.

Which I notice you didn't address.

BTW, if I were to ever run for Home Overseer, my slogan would be "Get a life you dumbasses. You're giving away your youth to a multibillion dollar corporation." But then, I probably wouldn't receive "Jehovah's Holy Spirit."

Lisa

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Quite sickening.

Bangalore

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I was a temp for 2 weeks in 1995 and my room mate and I had a bed each....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit