Solving a Watchtower Mystery

by sabastious 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Ah, the argument of which made up crap is better crap.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I merely said it was crackpot

You are forgetting the fact that the secret answer to the riddle was known to the translators of Revelation as early as the 3rd century. Since some translations had 616 it would be reasonable to hypothesize debates over spelling and grammar of the answer to the riddle. It would be like creating a textbook with the answers in the back, but encrypted in riddles. The original designers would understand exactly what they had and would know how to preserve it through time. This implies a top down order where the answer to the riddle was kept secret. If it was just the ramblings of a mad man, why go to so much effort to preserve the document throughout the AGES? Think about how far this particular riddle had to travel. How is it even possible that the YouTube video above even exists in the first place? The answer is that Revelation was created by an organized entity and probably not the work of a deluded mad man. If you wish to hold to that you will have to ignore some very sound arguments.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Just one quick thought. Anglo-American is a perfectly reasonable term, and is not used solely by JW's.

Yes, but the Anglo-American world power never existed. So the term when used to fullfil Bible prophecy is erroneous. I am not saying they made up the term, I am saying they used the term for a purpose not intended. And even in the end you will not hear people today refer to it. It's archaic in the most generous of terms.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Actually, it's made up crap, so it's like arguing about whether or not the enterprise could blow up the death star.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sab, as a friend, I have to make ask a question. Have you ever considered how much better your life would be if you took all of the time you spend on this made up stuff and focused on your wife, child, education and career?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Actually, it's made up crap, so it's like arguing about whether or not the enterprise could blow up the death star.

Or like arguing whether Nostradamus predicted Hitler (or, if he did, what possible good it did the world for him to predict it).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What about Aliens v. Predator? Work with me here, man....

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, as a friend, I have to make ask a question. Have you ever considered how much better your life would be if you took all of the time you spend on this made up stuff and focused on your wife, child, education and career?

You seem to imply you have knowledge of how much time each element in my life takes me. Based on what evidence do you assert this? While I do allocate time for study of religion and the universe my other duties are not neglected. My regime is far from perfect, but I feel you are misrepresenting my time spent specifically on topics such as these. Because I have a certain level of energy I can direct it at multiple ventures at once. You are only aware of one avenue of my life.

Despite leaving a cult I am happliy married with my wife who left with me. Not only are we life mates, we are also business partners and the world is our oyster. I have spent countless hours with my son since his birth playing, rough housing, reading, singing, going on trips and plenty of laughing. We love each other very, very much. I have spent so much time with him that it's taken a physical toll on my body and I now, as a result, live in constant pain. He is advanced for a 4 year old, but he'll be 3 in march. I am very proud of my wife and I's parenting job so far and I look forward to having another child when the time is right.

I thank you for the concern, Greg, it means a lot to me. You need some perspective on my life, however.

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that isn't a mystery is that the WTS., were never really concerned about revealing the actual Truth about many topics they came up with

especially ancient mythology. They were more inspired about what they could write into their publications to assume attracting the attention from

the public. Just as they still do to this day.

Extrapolating information that they could use to support their agenda that the world is at its end was first and foremost on their minds.

Probably the book that the WTS. put out with the most hideous amount of theological bullshit had to be Babylon the Great has Fallen,

long out print but you can smell the BS emanating from while not even opening it up.

The United Nations is another story, they came up with, same bullshit , same agenda .

Makes one wonder why God choose this religious publishing house from all the others doesn't it ?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Makes one wonder why God choose this religious publishing house from all the others doesn't it ?

Take all of what humanity deems "evil", dump it into a single personification and call it the Lord of Darkness. Do you think this "Lord of Darkness" would hand pick the Watchtower? I would say YES! The federal reserve was esablished a little more than a week before January 1st 1914. The Watchtower really likes that year, it was when their "king" started ruling. *shiver*

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit