Mistakes about Dates for the End

by Bob_NC 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• man oh man
    man oh man

Thank you wt for confirming my belief that you are a false profit! Thanks also for all those scriptures you used out of context. Thanks for the stupid illastration that doesn't fit. I can't wait for the end, or should I say for your end to come.

(Deuteronomy 18:20-22) 20 "‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.'

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    And if the lookout in the fire tower said he saw smoke 15 times, but there was never a fire, he would be fired and replaced with a rational person.

LMAO... that has to be post of the day.

Since the WTS has stuck to the incorrect date of 607 b.c. and uses the most convoluted argument, using out of context scriptures for their eschatology; there is no chance they will ever be right. They should all be fired.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

And if the lookout in the fire tower said he saw smoke 15 times, but there was never a fire, he would be fired and replaced with a rational person.

LOL!!! I love it!

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I wasn't suprised by this "admission". The Watchtower Society is in full damage control mode. As the figures presented in the 2013 Yearbook show, active publisher numbers are only holding steady or shrinking in many parts of the world.

The quote by Macmillan is subtly pulled out of context. His comment was in reference to the Bible Students anticipation of the rapture in 1914. For the previous forty years, C.T. Russell and the Watchtower preached that they would be going to heaven on this date. At a convention in September of that year, Macmillan said "this is probably the last public address I shall ever deliver because we [the Bible Students] shall be going home soon".

People "new in the truth" will read the current Watchtower's statement as proof of the Society's honesty...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit