So if you still believe in god how can you stay when he says 'Get out of her my people...'

by Lozhasleft 15 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Loza, don't you think God would see everyone's extenuating circumstances?

• still thinking
    still thinking

if you DO want to preserve a relationship with your god, how can you stay knowing how he feels about false religion? Isn't it time you stopped touching the 'unclean thing'? If you love god isn't it the most important factor? Lozhasleft

Isn't that almost word for word what JW's teach?..and how THEY divide families? Putting their God before the ones they love?

It would appear you can take the person out of the JWs, but you can't take the JW out of the person.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, if a person values their family more than some stupid religion, who are you to try to come between them and their family? And, who are you to presume to speak for god??? It's between them and god, as they understand god.

S

• SunnyDays
    SunnyDays

I know how hard it was for me to get out, and what it cost me. I would never presume to judge someone else for choosing to stay in longer than I did, or to execute a long fade, or to just remain inactive to keep family ties.

I don't think it's up to us to enforce the command to "Get out of her" or how others should do that.

How much better to offer suggestions and support, than to judge others' choices!

But I'm new here, so what do I know? lololollol

Sunny :)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I doubt very seriously that the insignificant Watchtower Society has anything to do with any major character fullfilments of prophecy in the book of Revelation.

Insignificant? How exactly do you figure that? The Watchtower organization has combed the territories of hundreds of lands across the globe for the better part of the 20th century. All the while their agenda remaining completely invisible to the outside world. Scholars have studied both the organization and it's leaders with great intrigue and interest. They have misled millions and destroyed an untold amount of lives. They have existed under the constant aggression of sworn enemies resulting in many court battles. Their track record of court victories is staggering as they applied a tactic of lying under oath called Theocratic Warfare. All the while being herald as defeders of freedom. What deception, indeed.

There is no other entity in the 20th century that could be considered more decietful than the Watchtower. Not only did they harvest a colony of millions of loyal drones, they kept their image to the public squeaky clean even though what happened behind closed doors was atrocious and unspeakable. They ARE the Man of Lawlessness that was fortold in the New Testament. They are the powerful deception that was let loose on the world. They ARE the Beast of the Earth who performs POWERFUL acts of mass mind control by false preaching. They set out to decieve and they did just so.

Before you call them merely small potatoes consider that their magazine was the most widely distributed in the world in 2010. Power is power my friends and the Watchtower displays theirs proudly for all to see. Who else controls their army of drones as effortlessly as them?

They just showed that they can change a HUGE doctrine like the identity of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class and have a majority that doesn't even blink. Even when the title is stripped from people who enjoyed it for over a century. The rank and file have to deal with the fact that their ancestors didn't actually know what they were talking about when they said they were part of the FDS. It was all a lie from the start and everyone just swallows it.

And they got people like you duped into believing they're inconsequential. I'd say do more homework.

-Sab

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

For those who didnt notice, I'll repeat it. I don't want to judge. I am not judging, it's the last thing on my mind. Yes FHN I do think god takes individual extenuating circumstances into account. It's an irony that so many of us here who weren't born in, went into the WTBS in search of truth and to serve our god. The org taught about false religion and we believed it. Therefore, by their own words they've condemned themselves. Once people find that they're not the 'truth' I think it would be a relief to realise that it frees anyone from staying under a misguided notion that leaving wouldnt equate with leaving god.

The WTBS plays with people's minds and so many become tortured about what to do. Sometimes simple reasoning helps to gain perspectives.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit