Not on JW.ORG ; Jehovah's Witness mother shot on way to meeting, dies refusing transfusion. No angelic protection for meeting attendance.

by Balaamsass 12 Replies latest social current

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

sd-7

Wow, I didn't realize people were WARNED to stay off the streets.

No doubt the sister died being OBEDIANT to WTBTS. She had drumed into her missing meetings for ANY reason was a sin.

Perhaps it was the lifesaving bookstudy........which got canceled later.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Wow, I didn't realize people were WARNED to stay off the streets.

I'm going off memory here, so of course I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember this story and the fear I felt at the time. I'm fairly certain that was said, though. Wonder if there are any articles still around about that, if it could be confirmed.

--sd-7

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LoisLane:

When I hear of things like this how can I assume there is angelic protection? I often wondered back in the day if angelic protection was reserved for people that god had a purpose for, like in the old testament. So, us modern folks would be subject to just plain chance, unless there is something we don't know about.

I positively despised the JW religion's mentality that YOU should sacrifice yourself (whether it was your money, time, etc.)

I couldn't help but wonder if some of the smart alec opportunists in the hall were wishing some other sucker would sacrifice themselves so that they could benefit. These bastards don't deserve the time of day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit