My friend Stirling...

by Londo111 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I'm always stunned to hear elders try and break up a marriage, even one where the mate has committed adultery. It is supposed to be the "innocent" mate's decision. No elders encouraged my mother to leave my abusive father, but then he wasn't a jw. They probably count on the jw not saying anything. The elders though are like the Israelites in the bible who figured God saw nothing. I'm sure those elders offered to offset the financial difficulties she would be in trying to support herself and her child. Hardly..........But then I saw elders protect pedophiles. When the other elders on the body know this and do nothing, they are just as responsible, guilty.

• Londo111
    Londo111

When I was a JW, I would have denied such a thing every happened. In 2012, it happened to JJ and Greybeard…and I’m sure there were others on JWN as well.

This is very effective in maintaining control, to prevent the spread of critical information among JWs. There are many who are stuck within this cult because they are afraid their wives will take the children and leave. This helps maintain the silence and keeps “apostasy” covert.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

One piece of advise to all out there making videos. Peoples attention span is not very long. Watching 50 minutes of a guy talking about his experience, is hard to get people to do.

Consolidate your thoughts, then make the video. Get the point out, and get it out concise. Otherwise the video just seems like therapy.

I appreciate his willingness to be so candid.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Good point. I shall relay that to Stirling.

• Londo111
  • carla
    carla

marking for later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit