Any successful methods to discreetly reach out to someone who is studying?

by sseveninches 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Be careful that you don't play into the WT's line about how "well meaning people will try to discourage you from your study."

The best way to do that is to encourage them to study all aspects of the situation and give them access to jwfacts.com, Crisis of Conscience, Captives of a Concept, etc.

You might tell them that well meaning JWs might try to dissuade them from studying this side of things by denouncing it as hate literature or apostate literature but that you know many people who have been hurt because they didn't make a full examination before making a decision.

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

It seems that the general consensus is that I should try to contact him. He's been studying for several weeks now, and he's in chapter 8 in the bible teach book. I was planning to direct his attention to JWfacts, so that he can get his questions answered. He was asking about who will be saved, and others along those lines.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

How about befriend a new study enough to exchange contact information like email addresses, and then send them an anonymous email like I wrote about in the "You've Got Mail" thread. You could send them JWfacts' pamphlet, Steve Hassan's flyer about Freedom of Mind, or just links to informative sites.

If you know a JW who is in an abusive relationship, you can also send them Steve Hassan's flyer - kill two birds with one stone!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Gayle
    Gayle

I agree with ssseveninches and ABibleStudent,,that pamphlet from JWFacts and that site are a good starter,,could you mail anonymously that pamphlet? or have a friend slip by that house and leave a copy? or email or all "three for emphasis" of this urgency!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am not a fan of anonymous advertising. It's disrespectful of the person, and it has just as much chance of antagonizing the recipient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OoCRglvn5g

• Aware!
    Aware!

I like Fernando's idea of writing a letter and signing it " from a concerned neighbour who noticed JWs calling and visiting". But before that, try to find out what was used to bait him in the first place.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If you do get to send a pamphlet of some other contact, be sure to add that you are having to contact them under an "alias" due to this being a High Control Group. Then let them know that if the cult members found out who sent the info to him that you would be shunned by family and friends.

I would send some info about Steven Hassans site that shows the Jw are listed as a high control group and also some info about the BITE model.

I would opt for a special email account so that he can ask questions and get answers back and forth where as a pamphlet would be more one way with no way to share more info.

Let us know what you decide to do as I always wanted to be involved with getting someone out like.

NJY

• moshe
    moshe

I saw the JWs making a return visit one day when I was running an errand- when I came back by 30 minutes later their car was still in the driveway. So I made a mental note of the house and later came back- I left some WT expose' material in the screen door, with a note to go to the library and read up on JWs and cults. (pre-internet)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit