Now I need to buy her an iPad for service?

by FadeToBlack 25 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Jeez, and to think that 15 years ago we had to use actual books!

What's the future of the RV book - email addresses?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I don't think it will go far. She has never even asked to see the 'official' jw site before. When I tried to drop some hints that it might be a good idea to keep up with the 'nu-lite' (as in GB=FDS) she didn't even bat an eye. She really is a good person. If she wasn't, I would simply walk.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I understand, FadetoBlack, I love my illogical JW, too.

• minimus
    minimus

My mom just told me about it today. I STRONGLY told her that an 86 year old woman doesn't need to buy an IPad and pay for the monthly service . I'm disgusted by this one.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I strongly urge the grandmas around here to get an iPad. All the better to Skype the grandchildren.

• minimus
    minimus

My mother can't dial a phone without an issue!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The demonstrations were based on using an Iphone. It was painful to watch

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sit down with her and budget the initial cost plus monthly expenses for Internet access. Then ask her what she will trim out of her share of the budget to pay for it. Who is she going to call for support with her questions?

I did that with my parents some time ago in order to use jw.org. They decided that it just wasn't worth the expense and hassle.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The iPad has BIG PICTURES. Click on grandbaby and voila! Ringtone.

• trujw
    trujw

Can someone tell me what the heck this article is about? Why do they need an Ipad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit