First public talk as an "apostate"

by Borges 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Borges
    Borges

I gave a lot of talks as a jw. Beeing the only elder in a cong for almost three years, I've been on the platform at every meeting (also at CA and DC). But thats long ago. Last time, I went on a jw stage was in 2005.

Lots of things happened since then.

Now I've got an invitation to give a talk at a meeting held by an association that is enganged in warning against cults and totalitarian religion groups.

The topic will be: Disengagement from cults - ways, difficulties and consequences. Me and another Ex-JW (someone I knew from my time in german bethel and met once again on a german apostate web-site) will get one hour to speak about our personal experiences leaving the jw cult.

Besides interested audience, there will be journalists, psychologists and authors, who are working on the subject.

It's very exciting and I'm looking forward to.

It'll be fun to be back on the stage - and it'll be strange, too.

There is a saying (hope I put it right): "I became one of the persons, my parents always warned me of." In my case (as an ex-jw, whose whole family is still in), it is true in a very special way.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Congrats!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Way to go! Knock 'em dead!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

What point of counsel are you working on?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Good Luck!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

So what will you discuss that you think will resonate with your audience and get them to write about you?

• clarity
    clarity

Borges ... congratulations!

Quite an achievement ... keep us informed will you?

>

Some on here would give their right arm(almost) to have

such a 'platform' to finally get it all out!

>

All the best ... we are rooting for ya!

clarity

• wasblind
    wasblind

Congrats !!!!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Best of Wishes to you Borges. I hope that your experiences will help others to avoid dangerous cults like the Watchtower.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• prologos
    prologos

they did not train speakers for nothing. every sword that w-turm forget against the truth, will be used and succed against them. Borges: the best training Borgen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit