Jw's and the third branch of government

by trujw 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• trujw
    trujw

I have always wanted to ask a JW how many branches of Government their are? Most likley they would be hard pressed to know that there are three. Then I would like to ask why is it OK to run and participate in one branch proudly ( the judicial) but have nothing to do with the other two. Remeber the Judge? Are their any threads on this hypocrisy. I posted this question on another thread but wanted one by itself cause I think this is a really important point that I haven't seen discused lately. Legislative branch bad. Executive bad part of satans world. Judicial good even one of are presidents was a Judge.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Because the judicial branch is (supposedly) not political. He wasn't a real judge anyway. Sober Joe was a substitute judge one time, for what would be the equivalent today of a municipal court that hears traffic tickets and shoplifting charges. Also it was before he became a Russellite.

• trujw
    trujw

It is political it is a branch of our government. They are put their by politicians and decide legislative bills that became law. I know he was a not a real judge but was promoted as such. Jehovah's witnesses say we are no part of the world but as you can see they definitly are if it suits thier purpose.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Branch of government does not equal political. Are the people who collect your garbage political? They are ultimately put in their positions by politicians who are elected. Also, courts don't decide legislative bills or what becomes law. Congress and state legislatures do that. Judges decide how the laws apply to various sets of facts. In some states judges are elected, so you could say they are political there. But in other states and the federal government they are not elected, and not political. In fact, in the U.S., federal judges (as well as their law clerks) are not allowed to campaign for any person running for elected position. They can't even put a sign on their lawn saying to vote for someone. Because they are not allowed to be outwardly political.

Yes, JWs are big hypocrites, but I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

The WT has appealed to the Supreme Court on several occasions, which directly affects how laws are interpeted and carried out.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Good point. Rutherford was Very political !

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

The WT has appealed to the Supreme Court on several occasions, which directly affects how laws are interpeted and carried out.

They would just say that Paul appealed to Caesar too.

• trujw
    trujw

Politics (from Greekpolitikos "of, for, or relating to citizens") is the art or science of running governmental or state affairs, including actions and mannerisms within civil governments, but also institutions, fields, and special interest groups such as the corporate, academic, and religious segments of society. It consists of "social relations involving authority or power" and to the methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy. [1]

Chase yes all aspects of running a city is political. Maybe even a garbage man. My point still stands that JW’s pick and choose what is political based on whatever reality suits them. A Judge is part of the an art or scence of running governmental or state affairs.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Fine, trujw, but you would never convince a JW of hypocrisy using this sketchy logic. By your definition, the IRS is also political. So filing a tax return would be political. But we have to pay back Caesar's things to Caesar. Mark 12:17. Jesus endorsed paying taxes. Therefore that must not have been what he meant when he said to be no part of the world. Also, Paul legally defended the good news (Phil 1:7). Therefore, filing lawsuits must also not have been what no part of the world means. See, we are not picking and choosing based on what suits us. All we are doing is following the Bible... A judge is no more political than the IRS, the trashman, the social security department, and all of the other parts of Caesar's world we have to deal with.. and so on and so forth.

• trujw
    trujw

From Chase "A judge is no more political than the IRS, the trashman, the social security department, and all of the other parts of Caesar's world we have to deal with.. and so on and so forth".

Very true and no more political than a city councilman. I think JW's only think in one demsion. If they were told not to wear makeup they would.. No dog's no problem it is mentioned 40 times in the bible always in the negative. What I am showing is that they define politics in a very narrow small way. Where is it anywhere in the bible that says we can't run for City Council? Several faithful men of old served in the court of dare I say worldly Kings gasp!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit