"The arrogance and intolerance of the atheists, exemplified by Prof Dawkins, is their Achilles heel"

by Lozhasleft 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

PSac-The article pointed out the hypocracy ( and arrogance) of that particular comment by Dawkins ( that most christians don't even know the name of the first chapter/book in the NT - Gospel of Matthew, though some world argue that it should be Mark- and that Dawkins himslef didn't know the name of the fist chapter od the Darwinist "bible" The Origin of Species when he said he did).

Yes, this was the point I think.

Loz x
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Yes, this was the point I think.

Yes well, don't let that get in the way of this thread ;)

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Liked it and recommended it on facebook.

Best sentence of them all in the article:

"And yet the extremists are merely a flipside of the atheists."

BTW, I just ordered this "Origin of Species": http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451529065/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

It will be interesting to read about CharlesĀ“ work and ideas!

Thanks for sharing!

Love Healthworker

• Satanus
    Satanus

The problem that creationists have is that they think that evolution MUST be like their own religion - a holy book that dictates, priesthood, and that evolutionists are organized and connected. Or, even that evolutionists are a religion. Not all of them, of course, but they tend toward this kind of thinking. My impression is that evolutionists are none of the above.

Anyhow, creationists then use the above overlay on evolutionists to argue w and discredit them. That is the strawman method of arguement.

S

• Giordano
    Giordano

I thought the writer of the article was arrogant and intolerant of atheists. If I was there I would have slapped his yon kipper right off of his head.....? Uh....with, oh, God......His Hanukkah?......No?..........Nevermine.

• cofty
    cofty

This was discussed ad nauseum 11 months ago when it happened.

Keep up.

• xchange
    xchange

Context gentlemen,

The article pointed out the hypocracy ( and arrogance) of that particular comment by Dawkins ( that most christians don't even know the name of the first chapter/book in the NT - Gospel of Matthew, though some world argue that it should be Mark- and that Dawkins himslef didn't know the name of the fist chapter od the Darwinist "bible" The Origin of Species when he said he did).

Like Cofty said, old news. It hasn't made a dent in anything substantive since that time. But by all means add it to your score.

And some additional context. Unlike Dawkins, there are millions of Christians who stake their life on the Bible and yet, (underscore) yet, they could be hardly bothered to know the books of the Bible and it's content.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Oops...I just posted a thread about this. Sorry! Ignore mine.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

though some world argue that it should be Mark- and that Dawkins himslef didn't know the name of the fist chapter od the Darwinist "bible" The Origin of Species when he said he did).

Dawinist? WFT is a Dawwinist? And how do they have a Bible?

Except insofar as every war is a Darwinian war -- competition for resources, murder of rivals, racist hatred, the joy of domination, etc., etc. All of these find their basis in pretty straightforward evolutionary biology.

A Christian that doesn't understand evolution. Why am I not surprised....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Dawinist? WFT is a Dawwinist? And how do they have a Bible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwinism

And I as you know, I put "bible" in quotation for a reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit