People who will never hear the WT message

by jgnat 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are all familiar with the heartwarming images of people from all lands joining in a "great crowd" marching in to the promised land. It occurred to me with more than nine countries and 1.6 billion people who are not recorded in the Yearbook, that a great number of ethnic groups will not be represented. Here are a few.

Chinese Ethnic 1

China

China

Algerian

Egyptian

Iranian

Mandeans

Moroccan

Vietnamese2

Yemen

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

In all fairness there are witnesses in these countries. I had a bethel buddy who spent a few years in China and he met up with some witnesses. That said, the vast majority of the people in a country like China will probably never hear the message in a door to door format.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Numbers too small to put in the yearbook, huh?

Another possibility, that I came across when checking other missionary societies, is that missions activities are illegal in some countries. For those countries, no statistics are published to protect them.

I was saddened to hear of nine Polio workers killed in Pakistan.

• l p
    l p

Hey I just had a thought.....

That most people in all lands will hear the jws message........bec the ends not coming...its all bulls**t

Lp :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

In all fairness there are witnesses in these countries. I had a bethel buddy who spent a few years in China and he met up with some witnesses. That said, the vast majority of the people in a country like China will probably never hear the message in a door to door format._______Ron

And when did that light come on?????? Thank God the witnesses weren't in charge of warnin' the folks in Japan

" Why do Jehovah's witnesses preach from house to house ?
    The message that the witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people; they want to be careful to miss no one."
    _________Reasoning book page 206

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

jgnat, that's exactly why. For those countries you listed the work is most under ban. Those countries don't have their stats published, most likely so those governments don't have that information. I thought that was common knowledge.

Also, the JW work is legal in Hong Kong so I guess some chinese will be represented after all.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Another possibility, that I came across when checking other missionary societies, is that missions activities are illegal in some countries. For those countries, no statistics are published to protect them._______jgnat

Hello jgnat

I think the numbers not bein' published may somehow benefit the WTS more than the missionaries.

And we may see more of this in the future as the numbers fall. I can't see the WTS passin' up a martyr

to put in the year book

• smiddy
    smiddy

Their may be a small handfull of jw`s in some of the countries you list but they can only do incidental witnessing ,that`s equivalent to a drop in an ocean.

Not very productive or efficient

smiddy

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There are tens of millions of Christians in China. If there are no or only a few JWs there, they can not be said to be the only ones preaching the gospel to all the nations without sounding dishonest or ignorant.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I went to Russia 5 years after the Wall fell and there were 10s of thousands of JWs.

Although the official figures had nothing during the ban, they were alive and operating in Russia. The same may be said for China and other communist and Muslim countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit