Holy Week Rocks

by RWC 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RWC
    RWC

As some of you may know this week is the most holy week in the Christian faith. It is the week that Jesus, true God and yet true man, willingly gave up his life including all of the pain that went with his cruel death, to save us from our sins. He opened the door for all to be saved and have eternal life. It is a truly remarkable story of reconciliation and redemption. To anyone who has had even the least amount of interest in the Christian faith it is this death and ressurection of our Savoir that sets this faith apart.

During this time of the Passion I extend to all of you, atheists included, the true spirit of this week and pray that all may find the joy that this time represents.

God Bless

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    It is the week that Jesus, true God and yet true man, willingly gave up his life including all of the pain that went with his cruel death, to save us from our sins

What sins? I wasn't born then. I couldn't possibly have sinned. If the death of this Jesus saved us from our sins, does that mean I was born without sin? What do you mean by "sin" anyway?

--
    "Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there. Theologians can persuade themselves of anything." -Robert A. Heinlein

• Vida
    Vida

sin is that what makes you feel guilty

Jesus Christ makes this feeling go away

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

No guilt, no sin? So someone who is completely amoral is sinless?

--
    "Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there. Theologians can persuade themselves of anything." -Robert A. Heinlein

• Vida
    Vida

There is no such thing as no sin, no guilt

exept Christ him self

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    There is no such thing as no sin, no guilt

But you said:

So if I kill someone and don't feel guilty, have I sinned?

--

• Vida
    Vida

No one that has killed someone is without the feeling of guilty

There is no true way out of this hell other then Jesus Christ

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    No one that has killed someone is without the feeling of guilty

That's avoiding the issue and probably untrue. There are certainly records of people who have committed murder and felt no remorse.
    If someone does something that you would consider wrong but feels no guilt about it, have they sinned?

--

• Vida
    Vida

Sorry, but that is the truth.

Show me one such record

If we say we have no sin in us
    we are deceiving ourselvs
    and refusing to admit the truth

This is a Bible Reserch topic !

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Show me one such record

http://hosted.ray.easynet.co.uk/serial_killers/kurten.html

If we say we have no sin in us
    we are deceiving ourselvs
    and refusing to admit the truth
    That depends how you define sin. You apparently define it as follows:
    If I do something and I do not feel guilty, does that mean I cannot have sinned? That is what your definition would imply. If you say that when I sin, I really feel guilty, then you have a circular argument and are no closer to defining sin.

--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit