DC police investigating whether NBC moderator violated law

by Deputy Dog 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Yohan
    Yohan

Maybe NBC wants to test the constitutionality of the magazine ban. LOL

On a brighter note, the 3 30 round magazines for my Saiga that I ordered from sportsmansguide.com arrived a day after I ordered them last week. They are just across the river from me though. :D

On a sadder note, I was checking prices of ammo at Gander Mountain last night and .40 is now over $35/box and .380 is nearly $50/box. It seemed plentiful, unlike the last time ammo prices shot through the roof back in November 2008. Back then, I couldn't find any .380 for nearly a year on store shelves. .40 and 9mm were available in stores but the prices had gone from $12 and $10/ box respectively to about double that. This is strictly a supply issue (although there was no 5.56X45 to be found anywhere).

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

Per this story appearing on Politico, NBC called ATF, who in turned called DC Police and was incorrectly told that it wouldn't be illegal to show an empty magazine.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/12/dc-police-illegal-for-david-gregory-to-show-empty-152829.html?hp=r7

On Wednesday afternoon, TMZ reported that a representative from "Meet the Press" had inquired about the legality with a member of the ATF, who then contacted a member of the D.C. police. Citing "well-informed law enforcement sources," TMZ reported that the D.C. police official informed the ATF official that Gregory could legally show the magazine, provided it was empty. The ATF official then called the staffer from "Meet the Press" to inform them they could use the magazine, TMZ reported.

If true, the D.C. police official's statement would contradict a statement issued by the Metropolitan Police Department earlier today.

I smell a coverup of GregoryGate in the works, no doubt trying to cover-up for Obama!

Hopefully the episode left a paper trail, so a "smoking gun" remains (and maybe the DC Police will charge themselves and ATF as accessories to the crime, for providing bad info).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit