CS Monitor. Religion in New England...the future of Religion. Some Jehovah's Witnesses become Seventh Day Adventists.?

by Balaamsass 12 Replies latest social current

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have run into some 7th day offshoot groups in the hills of Northern California. Almost like "Communes"...touch of the Davis Koresh(Waco) thing. They believe in "fleeing into the mountains" during the end times.

They also run some drug re-hab centers here and in the Wine Country. A big one in St Helena. Lots of Seventh Day Adventist doctors, and Nurses.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It proves what I assert. WT culture and overreaching/control is not necessarily tied to the doctrines they espouse. Mormons have BYU and far weirder doctrine. SDA has Loma Linda. It is not doctrine per se that makes the Witnesses a cult.

Look at how many professional Mormons there are, including presidential candidates. There is something unique about the Witnesses. What we perceive as insane faith does not stop the Mormons from engaging in the world.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I just ran into an old ex JW who was in my hall. She has converted to Seventh Day Adventist. Is this common?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit