Why most young/teen JW's are born-in's?

by XPeterX 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Age 8-18 or maybe older.Why won't you find young people or teens in the world who want to learn about the JW's without being taught by their parents?I mean c'mon guys we all know that the majority of the JW youth are JW's because their mothers,fathers or both told them about the Org.Any thoughts?

• yknot
    yknot

Isn't this true of majority of religions?

Yes I am aware that many churches have youth outreach programs like afterschool care or Sunday School buses but the WTS doesn't engage in such activities and unlike times past a lot of JW discern the inappropriateness of trying to convert non-relative children.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

it's a no brainer that children < 14 years are rarely converted. most parents wouldn't allow it.

youths of 14+ years are occasionally converted though and they usually turn out to be of the most zealous sort and stay in for good or at least for a very long time. most of the born ins tend to leave.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The JW religion has nothing to offer young people. No dating, no holidays, no fun, no future. Only meetings, service, and assemblies.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I read the magazines as a child, my dub uncle sent them to my grandma. Whenever the dubs would call at our house, my mom would take the literature and be pleasant. Once, we ended up as a return visit when I was a young teen - the dubs gave me a copy of the current version of the young people ask book. I read it, every single word. WHen they came back they asked me what I thought of it, and I said that it presented some interesting ideas. My mom said I was very diplomatic and polite, but made it clear that I wasn't interested in becoming a dub. I was way too interested in boys to sign up for a religion that forbade dating.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

hmm lets see. i grew up in the south u.s. and this is a hard sell. no playing football, no dances, no dating, no sex, no christmas, no halloween, no masturbation especially if your def. the only thing to look forward to is an crusty donut on saturday after wearing an innapropriate wool suit in ninety percent humidity for three hours on saturday morning.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The JW religion has nothing to offer young people. No dating, no holidays, no fun, no future._______Mr. Freeze

Accordin' to the 12/15 WT on page 7 , The youth will be able to look back hundreds and thousands of years from now

And just think, all will be successful in , not dating, no holidays, and no fun.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I vividly remember calling on a young girl, about 14, who told me in no uncertain terms that the whole theory of the Christian religion was a load of old baloney.

I was shocked at the time that she was so forthright, and so sure of her own conclusions, I had not been taught the art of Critical Thinking, nor was I encouraged to have, and hold firmly my own opinions.

Of course, now I thoroughly agree with her.

All the time young people are taught Critical Thinking skills, and they actually use them, JW's, or any quack religion, will not stand a chance with them,

Bless 'em !

• Pterist
    Pterist

The WTBTS has nothing to offer Young people. When I was gainfully employed (a long time ago), the CEO was Mormon. He employed young Mormon guys for the summer work load in the lab. They were great kids to work with, and they had a lot of activities in the south Florida area.

I believe, I might be Personaly responsibly for corrupting some of these young minds, as I used my "Irish" "Pog Mo Thoin" greeting every morning.

Some months later it was reported to me, that one of the Young Mormon guys was able to translate this Irish expression to his Mormon community as they watched the movie "Blown Away", as Jeff Bridges disses his captain with same expression in Irish of course. LOL

Seasonal greetings to all.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I remember in one of my congregations there was a teenager who came in on his own...he was probably like 12-13 at the time? Then when he was probably about 18-19 he DA'd himself, never knew why as I was gone and out by that point, too. But that was the only time I've ever seen anyone under 18 come in by themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit