Why Does God Allow...........

by IslandWoman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

So often that question is asked. "Why does God allow sickness? Why does God allow hurricanes? Why does God allow earthquakes? Why does God allow the wicked to kill and hurt so many innocents? Why does God allow .......

The question though should be: Why should God NOT allow those things to occur among humankind when the rest of life on earth is subject to the same? Does God sweep down and rescue the other life forms on this planet from harm? Does he prevent the loss of life among the animals from natural causes or predatory? No. Why should it be any different with people? Why should we be somehow special?

Unlike the animals we have the capability to distance ourselves from many of life's early causes of death and illness, but we also use our superior capabilities for harm.

I don't see why we deserve better than the rest of creation on this earth. On the contrary we deserve less than the creatures who share this beautiful planet with us because we destroy more.

Just some thoughts.

IW

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

The 5 year old with cancer appreciates your thoughts.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Naeblis,

I had a nephew who died from cancer. Life is dying. We will all die, some sooner than others. We are not perfect. Nothing on this earth is perfect.

IW

• ISP
    ISP

God's not doing a lot about anything these days. He's inactive. So questions like why doesn't he do this or that are unnecessary.

ISP

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Except my Chicken Alfredo. The noodles? El Dente. The sauce?? Creamy and rich with cheesy flavour. The chicken?? Moist chickeny goodness. If there is a god, he lives in my kitchen.

• rekless
    rekless

if you beleive the biblewhy didn't god in his sentence just let us grow old and die, why place so much pain and suffering to the process.

all suffering is attached to the original so call sin after all if god had not made sin then there would be no sin, no death, no suffering.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• Simon
    Simon

um ... the 'obvious' anwer:

He allows it for the same reason that "Superman" allowed the Sept. 11 attack - he is a fictional character who doesn't exist!

IMHO

• new boy
    new boy

Read "Conversations with God" by Neale Walsh,and get all your ?s answered.

• logical
    logical

i heard the us government got hold of some kyroptonite and kept superman prisoner while they did the 9-11 business.

seriously, there is a reason why God allows the bad stuff (not entirely sure so I wont guess), but it wont be forever.

Why blame God for the bad stuff? Most of it is self inflicted by humans.

Instead of focusing on the bad stuff, why not look at the good stuff?

And why do I always post stuff that I should listen to?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Naeblis,

I'm glad your chicken LIVES!! LOL

Rekless,

I do not believe in the Bible, original sin or condemnation to suffering due to sin. Look at every living thing on the earth, they all experience a life and death cycle and non are perfect. That is the way it is, that's all. As for pain and suffering, more of that is caused by injury from our fellows, or by careless living than by natural causes or accident. IMO

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit