My new ebook Paradise Earth: Day Zero is out.

by donuthole 12 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

Hello friends. I'm excited to announce that the ebook version of my new novel Paradise Earth: Day Zero is now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo. A print copy is in the works and will follow.

I also did a couple of interviews for AK Morgen and Curiosity Quills. An early review by author Shane Crash is very positive.

I sincerely appreciate those who take the time to check it out. I hope that it will resonate with you.

I am also thankful for any reviews left on booksellers' web sites. Leaving reviews, no matter how brief, for indie authors is extremely helpful in getting noticed in a pile of thousands of other books.

Happy Holidays!

• Quendi
    Quendi

I’m looking forward to reading this. The reader’s review on the Amazon website has piqued my interest. Congratulations on the publication of this novel, donuthole, and I wish you continued success as a writer. As this is the first installment of a trilogy, I am eager to see how you will develop the theme, plot and characters in subsequent installments.

Quendi

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh this is real. I thought u were just making a new thread on a random thought. Gotta ck this out

• cedars
    cedars

Here is donuthole's introduction to the book on jwsurvey...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-book-corner-paradise-earth-day-zero

Cedars

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

congratulations

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

well done! looking forward to getting my hands on it in physical form...

is that possible? i refuse to get a kindle as i love books! i have hundeds in my own library and would like to add this to it

congrats

WildeLover

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Anthony,

Just curious. What is your "standing" with the JWs at this point? Evidently you are a "born in". And surely NOT still active since writing such stories. Faded? Out? (DF/DA) From the US, I assume? I recall a rather large family from years ago with your name (or at least similar) in the Midwestern/Central US when my family lived there for a few years. Long shot, but it is a small world.

I've only skimmed it so far, but will put it on my "to do" list.

Good Luck! (Even if nothing else, should serve as good therapy!)

Doc

• Giordano
    Giordano

I noticed that you are asking $4.95 for the Kindle edition at present........ with only one review. $4.95 is a problem. It is at the high end of the new author's scale and very high with no additional reviews attesting to the quality of the writing. In the kindle world there is no lack of free or .99 cent books available.....good ones. But even at 99 cents a reviewer may still grump at the time and money wasted.

I suggest that you call for reviews and be ready to send out a free copy to get them. I'd start with people like Cedar .....those who provide a service for ex and soon to be ex JW's on line.

Also send a copy to other on line book reviewing sites. And I'd encourage you to check out the reviews of post apocalyptic fiction on Amazon et al. A careful study will allow you to target 20 to 30 reviewers who are honest, write well and have all of their reviews available. That's right.....make sure you review the reviewers. This is important because there are a lot scams at the 5 and 4 star review levels.

The other option is to offer the book free (for a week or a month) to the very readership most likely to be interested in it.............like the folks on this site.

Or If that is not appropriate for you.......... then ask for 99 cents.

In my own experience down loading books on kindle......... the reviews/subject and writing skills are the three most important aspects for any book that I am interested in. And I have happily recommended a good read to anyone who may be interested as well as buying the next book in the series at full price.

• donuthole
    donuthole

@WildeLover A print copy is now available

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Earth-Zero-Anthony-Mathenia/dp/1620071436

@DesirousofChange

I was disfellowshipped for apostasy about six years ago over disagreements about the Watchtower's UN involvement. I do have a rather large family. I grew up in the Wood River congregation, just east of St. Louis. Yes, writing this book was therepy. Thanks for checking it out.

@Giordano

Fallout fan? You bring up some interesting points.

The pricing is set by the publisher. One of the reasons for the price is that it sets it apart from the 99-cent slush pile filled with poorly edited, vanity press pieces. That being said, the publisher periodically runs sales, offering the eBooks for 99-cents.

I also have a free book available online as a weekly serial if you'd like to check it out. It's called Happiness: How to Find It.

Some in the exJW community are working on reviews at present. I'm also getting help from others outside. I haven't thought to look at those who write apocalpytic literature, so I might investigate that. Thank you for the suggestions.

-Anthony

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I just finished reading this book...a very good and fast read! It will particularly resonate with ex-JW's and even current JW's if they are brave enought to read it. It is quite compelling and speaks very well to the internal conflicts that many, if not most, JW's feel. If you like apocolyptic stories, this first of three parts paints a very interesting picture of Armageddon, and JW's expectations about it. I would recommend reading it...good job Anthony!

Next on my list is Terry's book, "I Wept by the Rivers of Babylon"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit