If JW Missionaries Were Abducted By Terrorists How Would The Watchtower Society Handle It?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thousands were abducted by terrorists at one time. Those terrorists were called Nazis. And they weren't regarded as superior authorities either at the time.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This was discussed at high corporate levels. Private payments do sometimes work. Yet if you pay for one employee, all your other employees are targets. The State Department usually engages in secret talks. We never hear what happened through diplomatic channels. If it were my spouse, I'd want to pay cash. Some companies have been sued for not paying money.

I believe there is a federal law now banning payments. It is an uneasy suject however you look at it.

We know very well how the Witnesses feel about individual members. I've related this story before here. While I was reading a law journal dealing with religious freedom, I stumbled upon an article, written by a sister at Bethel, concerning the Japanese JW experience. I only heard about the German experience so I was keen to read it. It would be much harder to be a JW in Japan than in Germany. The article went into detail about how heroic Rutherford was in cushy Brooklyn Heights with a waterfront view. Not a single individual JW in Japan was even mentioned. Such stories would have transformed the article from propaganda to a truly moving testament to faith.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think the 2003 yearbook account of the WT in the Philippines goes a long way to show the WT response:

NOTHING.

Oz

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

A) They will do NOTHING.

or

B) They will arrange to send the terrorists an obscene amount of money and then publish a WT article about how God's angels or his holy spirit had a hand in setting them free simply because they were faithful JWs. (It'll be an investment in recruitment marketing)

But in this economy, I think they'll just go with option A.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The R&F wouldn't hear a goddamned thing from the WTS until the secular media had already broken the story, that's for sure.

• minimus
    minimus

This thread's purpose is to show how much the WT. Society SUCKS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit