AUSTRALIA: Migration Scam Being Operated by Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

by jwleaks 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

JW LEAKS has updated their "Human Rights" page with hundreds of pages of documents released, all relating to 19 separate court cases involving Jehovah's Witnesses conducted through the European Court of Human Rights and also the Australian Refugee Tribunal.

The 9 cases that were run through the Australian Refugee Tribunal by the Jehovah's Witnesses all came from Lebanon.

One former member of Jehovah's Witnesses, who advised on a number of refugee and migration cases for Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia, and provided the documents and background information (yet to be published) to JW Leaks, stated:

"Many of the cases before the courts were nothing more than a sham to get family and friends, primarily from the Middle East and Russia, into the country of Australia under false pretences, namely under claims of religious persecution. Some worked, some failed. Those elders helping with many cases were not licensed migration solicitors [lawyers] and clearly broke the law in assisting on these cases. The role that Bethel played in advising and assisting in all of this is irreprehensible. Lawlessness in the extreme. Not only were they helping Jehovah's Witnesses to get into Australia from countries around the world, they were also helping Australian circuit overseers and missionaries get into a number of Asian countries with the use of dummy corporations and businesses set up by Jehovah's Witnesses for this very purpose."

Under Australian law (Migration Act 1958) it is unlawful to assist a person in any way with their immigration application unless you are a registered Migration Agent.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration-fraud/giving-migration-advice.htm

Download PDF document "Giving Migration Advice"

JW Leaks has been informed that documents relating to the migration scam will be handed over to the Australian Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Chris Bowen MP, in early 2013.

More documents will be published by JW Leaks to coincide with this.

http://jwleaks.wordpress.com/human-rights/

JW LEAKS

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Financially, there must be a lot be gained by the Watchtower Corporation when they're now engaging in illegal human smuggling and illegally obtained work visas... this should get interesting...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Interesting...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Interesting...

Is there something going on to do with JW's and Australia?

Last year a multimillionaire JW family from my local congregation moved out to Australia.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

One former member of Jehovah's Witnesses ... provided the documents and background information (yet to be published) to JW Leaks...

So, the tantalising propect of inside information from a former member who is, by definition, out-of-date, out-of-the-loop and probably has an axe to grind... why not wait till you post these 'provided' documents before making a big claim like the JWs ' clearly broke the law'.

JWs are as entitled as anyone to apply for a visa and if they get some pastoral assistance with the process, that is not a crime. Helping with forms and the English language etc is not giving migration advice.

The posted documents show authorities making decisions on the basis of facts in front of them based on a range of materials in accord with the law. So what?

they were also helping Australian circuit overseers and missionaries get into a number of Asian countries with the use of dummy corporations and businesses set up by Jehovah's Witnesses for this very purpose.

They are a corporaiton. What else does a corporation do but apply for its officials to go overseas in the name of a corporaiton?

This is half baked.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

somewhere i have saved a link to a govt website on supreme court cases in australia that has HEAPS of cases of immigrants trying to stay. All were involved with Jehovah's witnesses and some had Elders speaking on their behalf. The search criteria was jehovah and it found any and all cases with that word.

will try to find it

Oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Here tis: There are DOZENS not 9...

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinosrch.cgi?method=auto&meta=%2Fau&mask_path=&mask_world=&query=Jehovah&results=50&rank=on&callback=off&legisopt=&view=relevance&max

Amazing really...just look under 'refugee tribunal' etc. I found all these by search 'jehovah'. So each refugee case listed has the search word in it somewhere. I came accross this in Feb 2011 when looking for some other dirt...

I don't know if it was a scam or not, or just JWs trying to keep new converts in the country. I have not read every single one so I cannot comment on how many are real and how many are 'scam'.

Oz

• Room 215
    Room 215

Par for the course with these people... I believe jw leaks means "reprehensible".... I certainly do

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Is it difficult to immigate to Australia? I run into Brits, Canadians, Kiwis and Auzzies all the time in California and just assumed going back and forth was no big deal. If I could, I would love to visit for a year or two for the experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit