Screw You, Bethel

by ronwashington 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

I know we have quite a few ex-bethelites here, young and old. Use this thread to talk about the stuff you hated there, any crazy stories, or anything else that might get a laugh and show how screwed up the House of God is.

I'll post one: Boiled eggs. Fuck you boiled eggs. That was literally the worst breakfast and they did it every week. I'm pretty sure that was just because of like one old dude on the home committee who had to have his boiled eggs every morning. It's amazing how quickly I was able to run to Dunkin Donuts after breakfast and get to work on time just so I didn't starve all morning.

Share your stories!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a lot of people say that about certain foods, in the UK the Bethel served French Fries every Sunday night and-it was the most popular meal of the week, I've heard the same said about guys who served in the army and could not even stand the smell or look of certain foodstuffs. I dont mind boiled eggs, thinly sliced on wholemeal bread, plenty of salt and pepper, mayo or salad cream bit of onion, cucumber and lettuce, yummy.

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

french fries aren't bad and those are more of a side dish. Boiled egg day was the same freakin thing every time. Boiled eggs, dry burned hashed potatoes, and some dumb cold 7 grain cereal. I swear a sadist was in charge of the food.

• zeb
    zeb

what did i say recently about witnesses and poor eating?

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

you have no idea zeb. apparently they changed up the food stuff a few years ago to make it 'healthier.' I can only imagine how much more money bethelites have to spend on eating out because the food is awful.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I had boiled eggs everyday when I had to do jail for 10 days, FML! and turkey, very flavorless turkey. Anyhow most witnesses where Im from are over weight.. 80%

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Boiled eggs and fuckin granola?!?

I was starving by the time lunch rolled around.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

A Bethel overseer at the home told me George Couch had the dailey cost per Bethelite (including Food) costed down to the penny. The reason? So the factory could calculate when it was cheaper to replace a Bethelite with a machine.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I didn't mind the food at bethel. Sometimes it was actually pretty good. Once a year they would have liver for lunch. No one showed up for that. I actually felt bad for the jws that were visiting someone that day for lunch.

• Violia
    Violia

this is off topic but the title reminded me of Ray Wylie Hubbard's famous " Screw you, were from Texas" . lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit