some thoughts about Revelation

by emperorslaundrist 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Maybe If I just turn to Jesus as some of you have, all will become clear.

Maybe, although I am not sure it's "Jesus" that you would want to turn to, dear one (peace to you!). Some think it is... but then have difficulties why "he" doesn't speak to/give them what they ask... or why they don't hear "him."

I don't know If I'm ready to have another mystical experience just yet, I don't know if I want to give up possession of my mind again so soon.

Well, I haven't experienced anything that I would call "mystical" (although I know some like to say/think that that is the case - it isn't)... and I certainly have had to give up my mind! To the contrary, I have found/been given more than I ever knew I possessed! My mind... AND my spirit!

I also don't want to accidentally shut out truth just because I can't understand something, so I'll keep reading and looking.
    Maybe it will lead me to being born again, maybe to gnosticism, maybe I'll never have 'the answer' again. I've asked Jesus about it, maybe he'll help me decide.

Maybe. But knowing what... or rather WHO... that "truth" is is a good place to start. Again, not sure about "Jesus" but you could try this: go to God (JAH - Psalm 68:4)... and ask Him to send you HIS truth (John 14:6). Just don't take it too hard if the One who shows up tells you he isn't "Jesus." Don't let that stumble you. Just put faith in the One who DOES come... and let him help you work out the details.

What would you suggest for my first Non-NWT bible reading?

John 5:39, 40 (indeed, if you can grasp the truth set out in just these two verses, you might not need to read any others... ever) John 8:32, 36 John 14:6 John Chapters 14-16

Note, I wouldn't necessarily suggest it be non-NWT Bible. True, their small black/green Bible is an atrocity and one of if not THE worst Bible versions out there. However, their large brown Reference Bible is probably one of, if not the best, out there. Still, if you do as the Apostles did... and let HIM "fully open up the Writings" to you (Luke 24:27, 32, 44, 45)... it really doesn't matter which Bible version you use - he will tell you the accurate rendering/transliteration. All YOU have to do is listen to what HE says about it... and then put faith in what you heard (from him).

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Correction (and peace to you, dear ES!): I certainly have NOT had to give up my mind. I had a lunch date and was typing fast because I needed to get ready and so didn't proof. I did not give up or lose my mind... but actually found... and strengthened it. Along with my heart.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• d
    d

the book of Revelation was written during the fall of Rome and the anxiety of that time. So in reality it has nothing to do with the modern day.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL wtfever....welcome to the forum. And I couldn't agree more...

• wtfever
    wtfever

^thanks still thinking ^ hey seriously if someone that you personally knew wrote that stuff down and asked you to read it, you would not say "this man has been talking to god and this explains everything"! You would probably talk to his family about where is best to place him so that he doesn't hurt himself because he's lost his marbles! Why then would you take the word of a man who was just that....put on an island because he was crazy as hell, and lived two thousand years ago and you have no way of knowing if he was crazy or not....might I suggest that we do know because his writings prove it! Have fun reading that thing and making it fit every little event that happens and trying to make sense of it! You would do better to spend that precious time reading the writings of Darwin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit