How do you feel when this happens?

by kenpodragon 6 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I was heading to work today and I ran across a man holding a Bible, not a Witness. He tried to start preaching to me, but I was moving away and not responding. He kept talking and asking questions. I tried to be nice, only because I did not want to make a scene in front of the whole shopping center. I told him I was not interested, but as we know this does not seem to sink in with many.

Well I opened my store and left him outside. I was working and getting things done, when suddenly he walked into my store and told me God told him I needed to pray with him. I told him I did not see anyone talking to him. Well he said God talks to him inside, to which I told him, "that is a mental disease and he needs help, I am not going to do something just because a voice in his head told him too." I have to admit, I was laughing when I said that. Well he asked me if I believe in Jesus, to which I said "no" and he starts acting like he is going to faint. I told him to get out the Oscars will judge his acting for next year and perhaps he will win. He left, but he told me to turn the temp in my store up so that I get used to the heat of hell.

I was laughing so hard during this time, as this man is a complete joke. Do you ever have things like this happen though, and wonder what people thought of you when you were out door-to-door? I mean we think about that at times, but when you are right there you have to really think about it. Of course, the answer is ... they thought we were brainwashed cult freaks. Sad thing is we looked like that.

• terafera
    terafera

Well I opened my store and left him outside. I was working and getting things done, when suddenly he walked into my store and told me
    God told him I needed to pray with him. I told him I did not see anyone talking to him. Well he said God talks to him inside, to which I told
    him, "that is a mental disease and he needs help, I am not going to do something just because a voice in his head told him too." I have to
    admit, I was laughing when I said that. Well he asked me if I believe in Jesus, to which I said "no" and he starts acting like he is going to
    faint. I told him to get out the Oscars will judge him.

LOL I laughed at that.... sounds like you handled it just right! I never thought about it at the time, but I guess we looked like that...even though I wouldve never chased someone down. I was usually too embarrassed to open my mouth! [8>]

• Simon
    Simon

he he ... there always used to be a guy in Warrington town centre stood on a busy walkthrough preaching at the top of his voice.

As we walked past one time I had enough and shouted back at him "Oh shut-UP!".

The best bit is that he thought someone else had said it and I heard him following some other poor chap in the other direction saying "oh, you can tell me to shut-up" (sounded like the guy in the Holy Grail ... "did you see that? Now we see the violence inherent in the system ... help help, I'm being repressed")

I think everyone had been dying to say that to him but no one ever had the nerve (wimpy brits).

• ISP
    ISP

It is embarrassing to think of the street witnessing I did. It would have come accross a little better than the guy in your account but nevertheless it would have been bad!!!

Glad those days are over.

ISP

• rhett
    rhett

Happy to say I never did any street witnessing at all thought this guy you had to deal with sounds hilarious. Personally, I think its kind of fun dealing with the nutcases like that. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was a protest at a Marilyn Manson concert. I can't tell you how much of a kick I had that evening.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• Mutz
    Mutz

The Plymouth Brethren are often seen shouting at ppl in the centre of the city here. I never really paid much attention to them until I realised one of them was a bloke I had shared the same class with through my entire school life. I guess the good thing with the PB is they don't pick out an individual they just bawl at heads. I've yet to see any of the Rabid Born-Againers having a go at peeps in the UK.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

These type of people are all over college campuses, usually the well-educated students woop their asses in intellectual arguments on religion and matters of faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit