Golden Eagle tries to snatch a toddler

by mamochan13 20 Replies latest social current

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Looks real to me!

• arwen
    arwen

It is a hoax according to a montreal newspaper.. Done by some students digitally at a university in Montreal.

• jgnat
  • caliber
    caliber

EP is a pro at spotting "fake things " have to go with him.. Entirelyimpossible might be a more suitable name !

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's a well-done fake. Definitely one of the better ones I've seen on Youtube.

Here are two videos of Go Pro cameras snatched by seagulls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RArofHji8CU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIu5B3Fsstg

• jgnat
    jgnat

Those gulls couldn't resist taking a little peck, could they? After all, it might be edible! LOL!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Just saw it on TV (peace to you all!). I'll reserve judgment for the "experts", but I do know that large birds out here in Northern Cali are known for snatching small pets. And I certainly have to keep a close eye on my puppies (6, 7, and 10 lbs) when we're out walking - everything from those dreadful black birds to seagulls (pretty large birds, both) routinely "eye" them. Some will swoop down for a closer look! And the hawks, turkey buzzards, and larger birds come a-calling all the time in certain areas. I've had to train my smallest to run to me when I call out "Big birds! Big birds!" because they swoop SO close to him! And I've seen news reports where some of these birds will grab "prey" larger than they are able to carry, which they drop a distance away, so I keep an eye on the larger two, as well!

My point is that even if this is a fake I would caution those with babies (and small pets) to take care. This seemed like a baby too large for such a bird to grab, but who says one won't try to grab a smaller one? It only takes it happening once... for it to happen. That it may not have happened YET...

Not trying to create another reason for fear, but just for some caution and awareness.

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Antoine Seigle is the producer and it was part of a school project. He superimposed two separate videos. To win top prize the video needed 100,000 viewing on YouTube...I guess he won!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Heh. I posted this then went off to work. Didn't get back online till just a little while ago. Yes, it's been proven fake. But that doesnt' negate the effect of the video. Birds of prey can, and have, attacked people and animals. It's not outside the boundary of possibility.

I think this video also illustrates how dificult it is to know what is real and not real out here in INternet land. Last week we were treated to photos of a baby monkey lost and wandering through IKEA in his fancy winter jacket. Apparently that's a real story and his owners are trying to regain custody. We also hear so many crazy spins on the news of the day. How do we know which is right?

The makers of this video did a great job preying (no pun intended) on people's tendency to believe that an eagle is a mighty animal capable of great things. Which it is.

But I find it so frustrating trying to wade through the media reports and figure out which is valid and which is construct.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, much easier wading through "Watchtower" life experiences........... you know they are all made up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit