Jehovah's Witnesses: behind the knock on sky tv (uk)

by ns7 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ns7
    ns7

Still lurking on here from time to time, but seen this so thought I would post it in case anyone would want to see this.

If this has been posted then my apologies.

The documentary on the witness's which I remember did get a mention when it first came out a few years ago is being shown on Sky TV on 23 Dec at 22:20-23:35 on PBS (chan 166).

Its being repeated at 01:55 and 04:55 same channel in the early hours of the 24th Dec.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

Thanks for that, I will set my DVR

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks for this, have set it to record.

Loz x

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

East Riding of Yorkshire rings a certain Reniaa bell

• 88JM
    88JM

Just came back from a friends house this evening and my parents are watching it on PBS America!

And I thought I was supposed to be the apostate in the house!

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

Just watched it. Very objective documentary. Interesting old films clips of the JW protestors matching with the "religion is a snare and a racket" sandwich boards. What would they think of me if I marched outside a district convention wear the same? Back to the documentary... very moving feature about the JW father donating his liver for his son.

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

Btw ns7, thanks for letting us know about the broadcast.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I watched it, it was as I expected, very " pro" WT/JW, even the matter of blood Transfusion was done in such a way as to garner sympathy from the public.

Also the jewish guy's story was not your usual JW split famiy thing, he was trying to bring his jewish relatives closer, not a typical JW thing to do.

Joel Enhgardia has JW family I believe, which explains the slant, plus in the end credits you can see how involved the WT was in the whole thing, they may have financed it to a degree, to have editorial control I guess.

One strange thing (to me) that popped up twice , was that a certain Phillip Brumby (not 100%sure of the surname) was from the Jehovah's Witness General Council.

What is the "Jehovah's Witness General Council " ??????

• cantleave
    cantleave

Mr Brumby is the Millhill PR man.

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

I watched it too.... a lot of witnesses i know have watched it and think positively of it.

the only thing which i thought must have passed them over was at the start when it was mentioned about when someone is DFd and then shunned.

also that young guy had a moustache! how UN WT PC

WildeLover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit