UK magazine (Womans own) JW abuse story +scan

by Geordie 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mavman:
    This is the third time tonight that I felt like posting this (reading various posts of yours), so finally I will succumb...

You, sir (or madame) are a troll!
    Your only saving grace being that you are overtly such.

Oh, and btw, I know the congregation well.
    Your suspicions are not well grounded, but rather are offensive!

• amccullough
    amccullough

Mavman,
    It was not just her word against his. According to the article, he pleaded guilty to indecent acts on his daughter AND another girl. This man admitted guilt in a court of law for two seperate accounts. You don't get much more conclusive than that.

• Earnest
    Earnest

It is true that men have sometimes been falsely accused of molestation and rape. But this particular account has a ring of truth to it. The gradual escalation of intimacy, starting at puberty with a "french kiss". The sharing of it with her friends. The confrontation with her mother. Names of the people with whom she spoke. The fact that another girl was also molested. That a court heard the evidence and found him guilty. There can be little doubt that this girl has been alienated from her parents but there is no indication of exaggeration in her account. It seems an honest, forthright, rather sickening account of a not-so-silent lamb.

In a recent item on the radio it was describing churches as dangerous places for children. This is so because by its nature they are open and welcoming to all. Furthermore, even when a church member has such deviant inclinations they are seldom rejected as they would be from other youth organizations because the church appeals to sinners. It welcomes them and must try to heal both them and their victims. I do not join the clamour against the WTS because there are paedophiles in their midst. I fear you will find this in every church for the reasons I have mentioned above. But I am appalled that there was so little support in her time of need. And salute her for making it public.

Earnest

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((((( amccullough)))))))

and a bttt...

YoYo idiot...go play in the traffic!!!!!

• amccullough
    amccullough
    (((((((((( amccullough)))))))

and a bttt...

YoYo idiot...go play in the traffic!!!!!

I'm not sure what this means...can someone enlighten me, as I'm not too savvy on NG posting.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hello, MavMan

You asked:

…how do you know if the woman is telling the truth? It's just her word against his.
    How do we know? Try this:

“On November 2001 Ian Cousins, 43, appeared in court and pleaded guilty to indecent acts on Alison and another female.”
    We can safely assume that a man who pleads guilty to INDECENT acts against his OWN daughter is probably guilty of the crime!

Of course, if you’re still unsure I guess you can always employ him as a babysitter once he’s out of prison. I’m sure his wife will vouch for him. You know, the same mother who allegedly rejected her daughter’s complaints that were later pled guilty to, and the same mother who reportedly is seeking an early release for the man who pled guilty to molesting one from her own womb.

• aylesbury_lad
    aylesbury_lad

I went to my newsagent to buy this mag' but all he had was the May issue, no kidding!!

The mag' is monthly and so the date seems rather unnecessary, it's simply the March issue.

Just a thought, it is 'Womans Own' isn't it?

Not:

Woman
    Woman's weekly
    Women's friend
    etc etc etc

la

• Angharad
    Angharad

Its Woman's Own - March 25th issue.

• openminded
    openminded

that article about the woman who killed herself
    after killing her son and then discovered by the
    husband had a defining ending. The police were quite
    curious if J-dubs have a well tied relationship to
    drama. Now that I think about it I agree. The method
    of conversion into the org is dramatic, the future
    expectations are intensely dramatic, their bible is
    overly dramatic, their lifestyle is obviously dramatic
    even to the most aloof outsider, and of course the
    exit of a member is melodramatic. No wonder when an
    individual or family faces normal rather undramatic
    obstacles they deal with it in life ending dramatic
    styles.

Sad.

• anewperson
    anewperson

It is being read by Americans and I can assure you even more will read it after the link to here goes into the Free Christians News newsletter. I'm sure you're right that Mav probably is a pro-Watchtower poster. I've been noticing some of them trying to dissuade me from my posts here or making stupid followup remarks and questions to draw other readers away. Fat chance for them I say! The WTS is hanging itself. All we have to do is publicise what their rotten misleadership is doing harming women, children and adult men. Grow up, Watchtower! Shame on you. Though some be 90 they're act immature as a child of 9 if even that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit